Three

I walked out of the bathroom just to meet a glaring Yvonne.

"What happened?" I asked, chuckling.

She kept on glaring at me. But then, her desperation she had suppressed earlier shoved its way out and sat evidently on her face until she couldn't anymore. "I want to pee!" She squealed in desperation, pushing me out of the way and closing the door on my face with a bang. I jumped slightly, still wanting to laugh.

"Sorry!" I shouted.

"You are not forgiven!" She shouted back. We both knew she was kidding but my apology was actually genuine.

The previous day, she had showed us around a bit as we slightly bonded over our love for coffees and country music. She was majoring in Anthropology with a minor in history while I was doing my major in Journalism with a minor also in history. Growing up, Netherlands was my sole dream but one day in 9th grade, I had volunteered to join the journalism club in my school because we all had to join at least one club and that was how my second dream was born; I had combined them both hence wanting to become a journalist in the Netherlands becoming my ultimate dream.

The bathroom door opened. "Phew," Yvonne muttered, relief all over her face. "I'll forgive you only on one condition." She added, wiping her hands on the towel on her bed.

"What is that?"

"There is a party tonight hosted by Jason. Jason James. Or more commonly known as JJ."

"Okay, where will this party be held? And who is Jason James?"

"Son of a business tycoon. I have known him and his gang since school. Start of a new semester that's why he is throwing a party," She explained. "But mind you, they are all in their second year."

I nodded, thought for a second, then answered, "Okay. Count me in."

I was introverted. I knew that. But I didn't want to stay the same. I wanted change. And this party would give me the opportunity to do so. It was going to be hard but I wanted to socialize, even if it was a little bit because something was better than nothing. And my high school experience was the exact definition of nothing.

"Damn, I didn't think you would give in so easily." She gave me an impressed look, throwing the towel she was using at me. I caught it on time, keeping it on her bed for her.

"Yeah, I want some change I think."

"I'm so glad. Trust me, I won't make you regret it." She winked, before grabbing her car keys and walking out of the room. "Be ready by six. I'll come pick you up."

"Where are you going?"

"To exchange the car with my car which my brother had taken for his road trip." She answered. Yvonne lived 30 minutes away from our campus. Talk about being lucky.

"I'll go then Hayes. Bye! See you!"

"Yeah sure. Bye."

I grabbed a book from my table (I was finished with my unpacking by this morning) and laid on my bed, continuing the half-finished book.

***

"We reached," Yvonne announced, unbuckling her belt.

"So fast?" I was trying to unbuckle my seatbelt but that stupid seatbelt wasn't just getting unbuckled.

"Yeah, I drove kinda fast too. The party house is nearby; I told you that before."

It took us only around 10 minutes to reach our destination which was believable because google maps told me it would take 12 minutes. Us reaching in ten was because she drove in a speed a little higher than the normal.