Fourteen

This chapter has got to be the longest chapter ever :') 

The receptionist was right, very damn right. I was certainly having a hard time trying to find the right key. There were around twenty-five of them and the more I tried, the angrier I got but it was my fault at the end of the day.

Elijah stood there beside me, trying to help me out but there was nothing he could do. It was a one-way task. As anger started to get the best of me, the sounds of the keys jingling made it worse. I tried around 10 more keys before almost deciding on giving up and feeling a little dejected, I sighed. I sighed again, but this time, to calm myself down when the corners of my eyes caught him staring at me. Butterflies and soft heat cascaded throughout entire body, causing my cheeks to flush red.

As soon as I realised he could see my red cheeks, a result of the blush welcomed through his gaze, I looked away. I shifted my attention to the keys, reattempting to focus on the task at hand. Trying to find the right key was sure as hell frustrating but it was undoubtedly better than facing him with clear, flushed cheeks.

The keys still refused to cooperate, the right key still somewhere hidden amongst the many. I started to fumble with it as my concentration threatened to break off completely due to his still gaze. I muttered few frustrated cusses under my breath as I focused desperately on not trying to react.

That was when he did the unthinkable. He softly turned me around, pulled me to him gently and the next moment I knew, I found his lips right on mine - soft and sweet and delicate just how I imagined it. I completely lost all senses inside of me and eventually gave in, my left hand on the left side of his face, stroking it. Even if I was fully absorbed in the moment, my other hand didn't seem to lose its focus and purpose. I realized this when the door made a 'creak' sound, compelling both of us to move away.

The room was open. Open. The right key was the key I was trying with before he kissed me. I looked at him, shocked and he smiled back, taking my hand in his, with a look which said something but I couldn't well make out. It took a while before I understood what it meant - it was how right we were... how right we felt.

"Do you want to come inside?" I asked him, fully aware of what I was doing. I was not out of my senses and I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong.

He held the sides of my face. "A million times yes because we don't want the night to end."

I took his hands in mine, leading him inside. Once we were inside, I took out the Pinot Noir I had brought with me and two glasses while he opened the casement windows of the room, trying to get to the rooftop. I followed him there and handed him the glass of wine, while still feeling the happiness right until my toes. And suddenly, that was all I ever needed.

I took a sip of my wine while staring at the stars in the dark and deep night sky. The stars followed the 'Orion' constellation; it was easy to spot. I was able to make out the hunter's sword hanging from his belt.

"Honestly, sitting under the stars and admiring it is so underrated, don't you think?" He turned to me and asked.

"I agree," I smiled at him."People are sometimes so absorbed in their lives that they forget there's more to it than just trying to chase money. There's so much of beauty underlying it."

"My mom loved sitting under the stars," He continued. "It's because of her that I developed the habit of sitting under the stars, especially when I'm really happy."

The word 'happy' made my heart flutter in ways I thought was impossible. He admitted he was happy, and I couldn't help but feel like the most contented girl alive. But, he didn't seem to notice the effect he had on me and went on talking. I was glad. He was opening up, and I was more than ready to be there for him. In fact, if I could do only one thing for the rest of my life, I would choose to be there for him.