┊007

──────═❀═──────
『 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝟕 』
──═❀═──
『 Another encounter 』

sorry for any typos

A day had passed and Inari was the same as usual, we had found out why he acted as he did. His past was tragic but nothing compared to what I had gone through and if that makes me selfish then so be it. I don't think anything could compare to what I've been through. 

And then six days passed, six days of training that I didn't bother doing.

"Misaki, do you even sleep?" Sakura huffed as she slugged her way into the main room.

I deadpanned, "Yes."

"Naughty Naruto stayed out all night again didn't he?" Tazuna said.

Sakura replied, "Ever since you told us that story, he's been in the trees, training all alone, night after night... an idiot with an obsession! If he exhausts his Chakra, he could kill himself and be lying dead somewhere right now."

"I hope he's alright. It's not good for a boy to spend night after night alone outside!" Tsunami exclaimed concerned.

"There's nothing to worry about. Naruto's a goofy kid but he's also a full-fledged ninja," Kakashi assured the two.

"Is it possible he has killed himself? That dobe," Sasuke mumbled.

I rolled my eyes before saying, "Oh, please. He's fine, nothing can kill him."

And the next day later, Naruto and Sasuke both could climb those damned trees, both arms over each other's shoulders. But I didn't feel anything towards their achievement like I usually would. I felt empty and I wanted that to change, I just didn't know how.

"You two are finally back," I mumbled.

"Looking like something the cat dragged in!" Tazuna exclaimed.

"Heh, the both of us..." Naruto trailed off, slightly emphasising the 'both of us' part of his statement.

Sasuke retorted back, "I told you if you didn't take a break you'd wear yourself out, you Dobe. We made it to the top of the tree."

Kakashi announced, "Good! Naruto, Sasuke, starting tomorrow you two can help Misaki and Sakura protect Mr. Tazuna."

"Whew! Well, I'm dirty, sweaty and real worn out from all of the work on the bridge today but construction is almost complete!" Tazuna said proudly.

"Father, you and Naruto are two of a kind. Please don't work yourselves to death!" Tazuna's daughter scolds and Naruto plops himself tiredly next to me with a grunt leaving his mouth. 

Inari who was sitting in front of Naruto and I made a funny face before having an outburst, "Why do you wear yourself out trying?! No matter how hard you train, you'll never be a match for Gato's thugs! You act all cool and you talk all tough but big, but strong guys like that are always too much for people weaker than they are. They'll destroy you!"

"Shut up!" Naruto said tiredly. "I'm not you and I'm not going to lose!"

"Just watching you ticks me off!" Inari continues despite Naruto's attempt to calm him down. "You go running your mouth when you don't know a thing! This isn't your town! And you don't know a thing about me. You're always flowing around and having fun. You don't know a thing about suffering or loneliness or what my life is like!"