Brothers

After a hard day that almost looked like no end, their training came to an end. Tomorrow is the day they leave searching for glory or it could be death. Olivia was walking in the corridor to go to the quarters given for the expedition team, after the lecture when they were told about the details of Bermuda's weather, collected 100 years ago, even before the nuclear wars, as Octagon Veranda haven't expedition Bermuda after the wars. The corridors were so lonely, as the area was exclusively reserved for high-ranking personnel from each sector, the time was almost 11:30 p.m. She heard a whisper coming from the corner of the corridor that led to her room. Olivia's curiosity got the best, and she approached there quietly. To her surprise, she found a tall guy with black hair holding Kalvin against the wall, preventing him from leaving. But it seemed like he meant no harm to Kalvin. Then she heard him talking in a low voice.

"Rethink, You idiot! I can't lose my only brother, it's a suicide mission! Bell is worried for you, I am worried for you. Don't do this!" The other guy whispered worriedly.

"I wish I could, I know you are worried. I'm sorry big bro. I can't let Melvin go alone. Now let me go, Max, no use of this talk" Kalvin whispered softly. Olivia couldn't properly see the face of the other guy but she could see the face of Kalvin. Was he about to cry? Really? Did it hurt him the way the guy was holding his shoulders and pushing him against the wall? Or were it the words that left the stranger's mouth?

"Nothing to wish, it is life or death...please little monkey, you'll die! It's not too late. Leave the expedition team. Please!" The tall guy whispered worriedly, almost pleading as Kalvin struggled to find an answer. Olivia understood who it was. That's the other adopted son of Bell Bostic, Kalvin's elder brother. Olivia turned around to leave but unfortunately, the guys heard her footsteps.

"What are you doing here? Snooping? Huh?" Kalvin shouted in anger swallowing words he was about to say to Maxwell and Maxwell turned around to see.

"I didn't mean to interrupt, I just heard a sound when I was walking to the room" Olivia said politely turning to walk away. She heard the sound of Maxwell talking again. But this time it was with a threatening tone in his voice.

"Think again, please! If you do this you are not my br..." Kalvin interrupted before he finished, as Olivia started to walk away. But still, her ears were on the conversation.

"Please don't say it, Max! I beg you" Kalvin said in a begging voice. Olivia could say from the sound he was about to cry. Seriously? That big-headed bully who hurt her feelings a few hours ago, even threatening her with death? Is this even possible to happen? Well, it's happening. You should be happy Olivia! It's the revenge of destiny. Olivia heard the sound of Maxwell.

"Fine! Now you are grown up! Not the 15-year-old boy I used to advise. You are free to do whatever the hell you want with your life! But if you do this don't expect me to shed a single tear over your death!" Maxwell said freaking out from anger. 'Oh! This little monkey! What is he thinking he can control time and turn everything around if something goes wrong?' His mind whispered as he looked at Kalvin's face. 'Oh, he's about to cry!' Maxwell bit his lip as soon as he saw the watery eyes of his little brother. 'Oh, what to do! I can't see him cry. Please don't little one. Not now' Maxwell let go of Kalvin's shoulder by releasing his hands.

"Think again, please! You know I'm worried for you" Maxwell said apologizing. He turned around and walked away passing Olivia. Kalvin was still leaning against the wall stuck in thoughts, wiping his eyes with his palm, trying so hard not to cry.