Silence

It was time for breakfast, the next morning. Olivia was walking in the corridor hoping to join Carl in breakfast. Suddenly she saw Melvin walking toward the dining room. With a sense of discomfort, Olivia looked away, aware that Melvin was unhappy with her presence. Melvin, in an attempt to agitate Olivia, whispered,

"It's a miserable day according to the faces seen in the morning" Olivia looked at Melvin with an angry look and replied.

"I can say the same" Melvin got the chance she was seeking for.

"Then why did you come here to be a headache to everyone" Melvin asked directly in a rough voice. Olivia felt helpless for a moment. But she is adapted to such positions. She made up her mind not to be too quick to break this young girl's nose.

"I came here to be away from my mom, and that's none of your business." Olivia fired back. Now her temper is melting down little by little. Melvin's next blow hit her hard.

"Oh, what a great daughter! Ran away from her murderous mother and came here to bother us all! Why couldn't you go somewhere else?" Melvin screamed angrily. She hates to see the face of Olivia, the daughter of the woman who made her an orphan. She had a hard time connecting with people in Octagon Veranda as they considered her a wild orphan girl raised without any parents except the fact she was an outsider. She knew her father never loved her but at least no one would've called her a wild orphan then. In her mind, she knew her judgment wasn't fair, but it's natural human nature to hate things that remind them of their darkest memories. On the other hand, Olivia was left speechless for a moment. She had a hard time connecting with people as well, because of her mother.

The pain inflicted on her by her mother and the unjust treatment she received from people for something she never did, were the two things that hurt her the most. At that moment, Melvin took shots at these both weak points which made Olivia lose her temper.

"It's not my fault that you don't have a mother!" Olivia screamed at Melvin without thinking twice. Melvin looked at her speechlessly for a moment. She felt like something getting stuck in her throat just the same as every time she got madly angry about something. She showed the same wild reaction. She slapped Olivia on the face at once! Olivia was shocked by her reaction. She grabbed her cheek which was burning, not sure whether it was anger or pain that caused the burning sensation. Melvin was shocked by her own reaction. She didn't feel like a battle hero but awkward. She started to walk away even before Olivia turned around.

"You wildling!" Olivia screamed in anger turning around. But she went quiet after what she saw. She saw Kalvin at the corner of the corridor, grabbing his sister's arm, looking at Melvin with an unimpressed look on his face. Olivia was wonderstruck by the scene. She saw Melvin pulling her arm away like her brother's touch was something disgusting.

"I told you not to be so wild like that. Remember the last time what happened?" Kalvin said advising her.

"That's funny when it comes from you," Melvin said in a rough voice turning to walk away.

"You almost got suspended for two months for hitting a teacher. I want you to be better than that." Kalvin said looking at her. Melvin turned around with an angry face.

"You should be proud I can protect myself!" She screamed. Her hands were shaking from anger. He knew her nature when she was angry. He never blamed her for that. There wasn't a mother to teach her what is right and wrong.

"Protect?" He questioned looking at her burning eyes like she just lied. He saw the sister's challenging face. He gave out a breath and rubbed his forehead nervously.

"Protect and Attack have different meanings. You better learn some martial arts." He explained and Melvin frowned.

"Miserable faces, a miserable day!" Melvin said aloud to Kalvin's face and walked away. Kalvin rolled his eyes away in disagreement, feeling awkward. He looked forward and saw Olivia looking at them.

"What are you snooping at? Hah?" Kalvin questioned her unpleasantly. Olivia was left with nothing to say again for the third time in the last five minutes.

"I..I was watching a puppet show" She answered humiliating him and walking forward passing him making him more uncomfortable. Kalvin bit his lower lip feeling ashamed and angry at the same time. He turned back to replied her with some rude words but she had almost disappeared into the dining room. There wasn't anything to hear except the "shhh" sound of the sea. He leaned forward keeping his hands on the silver fence, drowning in an ocean of thoughts while his eyes were on the real deep blue ocean. What do you think the ocean reminded of him? He gave out a breath full of regret and sorrow closing his eyes. Where do you think his mind ran? Who knows? Everyone has a dark secret that no one needs to know. His secret was even darker.

Olivia met Carl in the dining room.

"You look beautiful princess" He joked winking making her smile.

"You idiot! There are people around" She said sitting down next to him, looking at Tara, Marcus and Curie trying to know whether they were ok with Carl's joke.

"Ah! We don't mind stupid love birds." Marcus joked but still, he ignored Olivia's face. 'Elsa's daughter' His mind always kept whispering to himself like a dangerous snake.

"Yeah I see two stupid love birds too" Carl joked back looking at Tara and Marcus sitting next to each other. It was all in their faces. Love birds! It made both Tara and Marcus blush. Poor girl, Tara tried to make fun of the situation as a distraction.

"I'm out" Tara joked smiling trying to stand up but Marcus stopped by grabbing her hand.

"But I'm not finished yet," He said with a funny expression on his face. Tara looked at him with a funny questioning mood. He's running her trying to shake off the tension of the situation. Their eyes met together at once. They hold up to each other's eyes for a moment trying to solve the mystery called 'love'. Then Tara looked away at once straining her vocals. "hmm"

"Ok. I'll wait with good table manners" She replied looking at others like nothing happened at all. But Olivia could still see the blushing on Tara's face. Olivia, Carl and Curie looked at each other with teasing looks. Did they know they all were having the best time of youth while travelling to the Triangle of the Devil? Who knows what the future holds for them? Would good days ever come back to their lives? How would this end? Who would survive and who wouldn't? Nobody knows!