First time on a ship

Olivia was standing on the ship deck looking at the Octagon Veranda which had already become a tiny dot in the horizon. She was amused by the beautiful view of the ocean and the feeling of freedom, well let's add that the feeling of revenge from Madam Blake too. She took a deep breath filling her lungs with the fresh sea air full of salt smell. She loved the sea. How could she not be happy when she finally gets a chance to have a proper sea adventure? Now it's time to be happier Olivia!

"How are you voyager?" Carl asked the beautiful girl whose blond hair was having a playful fight against the sea breeze.

"I love this," Olivia whispered taking her eyes off the beautiful scene for another beautiful thing. Carl stared at her gorgeous eyes feeling the magic in the air and came to her for a kiss but somebody interrupted.

"Hey! Hey! This is work time" They both blushed and turned around in wonder. They saw Tara smiling. So was Curie.

"Oh, these are you idiots!" Olivia smiled looking at Tara and Curie.

"Nice view isn't it? Loving?" Curie teased and Carl smiled.

"You two making fun of me?" Carl smiled joking.

"Out of girls' world, I'm going to boys" He joked walking to the cabin room and leaving Olivia with her friends.

Carl saw Kalvin sailing the ship while Melvin was helping Brayan to check whether all the systems were functioning well.

"Do you have double majors?" Carl asked Melvin looking at the computer.

"Not exactly, I was finishing my second degree in mechanicals while working in the chemical sector before we left. I have one more year to complete." Melvin explained still looking at the computer.

"Wow, you're a genius," Carl said looking around the room and Melvin smiled.

"Thanks. But Curie is the real genius. Astro with mechanical is really hard. She's a spacewalker too. Astro sector costs 2 more years of training if anyone needs to be a spacewalker which means 6 years of learning." Melvin said in an impressive voice.

"But the hardest training in Octagon Veranda is given in the security sector." The guy called Clarence, who joined to team at the last minute in the desire of glory, from the security sector answered.

"I've heard of hard punishments, it's good we have two sailors, Kalvin can get some rest," Carl said looking at the tall guy controlling the ship all alone with no help but high technology and good training.

"Ah don't worry. I've trained to work sleeplessly for days, besides sailing a high-tech ship is too easy" Kalvin said smiling. Carl realized for the first time that Kalvin could smile, besides scowling at someone all the time.

"Hope you can teach me how to sail this" The guy called Marcus said coming toward Kalvin. Looks like they are good friends with each other. What do we call that friend group? 'Anything to hurt Elsa's daughter' that could be a proper name.

"Not play time" Kalvin smiled, joking.

"Nah, I am a pilot so maybe I can learn quickly if it is the same as flying a flybat (something like an aeroplane with some shape of a bat) or a spacecraft," Marcus explained friendly. The look on Kalvin's face changed quickly from a humiliating one to an impressed one.

"Of course, thanks to modern technology lot of similarities. I can teach you some" Kalvin replied.

"Cool! When do we start? After lunch break?" Marcus asked Kalvin looking at the controlling panel.

"OK. That's fine" Kalvin replied.

"See you then, captain "Marcus said walking out of the room whistling a song.

If you're looking for a perfect voyage, Olivia's experience is one to consider but the ocean didn't seem to treat Melvin the same. She got seasick a few hours after being on the ship deck. She rushed to the silver fence bordering the ship deck, covering her mouth with her hand, and leaned forward, coughing. Olivia and Tara went there to help her.

"Easy, easy, take a deep breath!" Olivia said grabbing her hand friendly trying to help her. But Melvin took her hand away in a rude manner. Olivia stepped aside turning off her friendly mood. Tara saw Kalvin coming toward them. Kalvin saw Melvin through the glass which was covering the front of the cabin room.

"Are you OK Em?" He asked softly touching her back to make her feel comfortable. But Melvin pulled away her brother's hand too.

"I'm fine," she said as she walked out of the fence and headed towards the staircase that led to the ground floor. Both Tara and Olivia noticed that Kalvin was upset. Tara tried to ease the awkward situation by saying,

"Don't worry, I can give her some medicine." Kalvin nodded in agreement feeling uncomfortable. Kalvin gave a short response of 'Thank you' before returning back to the cabin and rubbing his forehead. Both girls sensed his bad mood and Olivia couldn't help but ask Tara,

"Why is Melvin so rude?" Tara confidently replied heading to the stare case with Olivia,

"I have no idea, but one thing's for sure. She's cold-hearted."