Chapter 1: Unexpected Discovery

"Nooo." I moaned as the warm covers that covered my body was dragged off. I immediately curled into a ball, trying to protect myself from the harsh onslaught of the icy air. A husky chuckle sounded above me.

"Get up. You will be late for your first day of school." A deep masculine voice said.

"Oh screw school, I'm tired. Let me sleep." I whined, not caring how childish I sound. I am in a singlet and shorts and I am freezing my butt off.

"Alright then, I guess I will just have to eat all of the pancakes by myself." He sang. I peeked one eye open, and saw him holding a plate of the said pancakes. My mouth watered.

I reached out a hand, but he quickly hid it behind him. "Go get ready and eat it downstairs." I groaned, glaring at him. But he have already left my room. "Asshole." I mumbled, dragging myself off of my oh-so comfortable bed, crawling towards the bathroom.

Although he is an ass, I still liked him. I have been since I reached puberty, but back then I brushed it off as a mindless attraction, because who wouldn't like him? He is like a Greek god! His dark messy hair, his captivating chocolate brown eyes, his rigid jaw and his body looked like it was carved by God himself.

But at the age of thirteen, I finally realised that my little crush wasn't so little anymore, when I found Dimitri going at it with some blonde girl. I had just came home from my friend's house, and I was going to give him a locket necklace I made. Inside the locket was a picture of us, seeing as he is the only person who truly cared about me after my real family died.

The young me was giddy and excited for his reaction, so imagine my surprise when I caught him in bed with another girl. I quickly closed the door, running to my bedroom. I must have accidentally slammed his door, because around thirty minutes later, Dimitri came to look for me. I had to quickly pretend I was asleep, so he couldn't see my tear stained cheeks. It was then when I realised that my little attraction for him wasn't so little after all.

And now four years later, my feelings have not dropped, but instead, intensified. I sighed. I really need to get a life, without Dimitri. I finished my morning routine, and went downstairs. Today I decided to wear a pair of black high waisted skinny jeans with a white cropped sweater. If I moved my arms up, a strip of my stomach would be shown.

I found Dimitri sitting on the dining table with a pair of glasses on, reading something from his laptop. God he looked so hot in those glasses, it- no! Don't go there Delilah! I scolded myself. I sat down in front of him, and began eating my pancakes. I managed to scoff it down in a few bites, washing it down with a glass of juice.

I saw Dimitri eye me with a frown. "What? I'm late, I've got no time to be a lady." I rolled my eyes.

"No, what are you wearing? That's not school appropriate." He scowled disapprovingly.

"Um, I'm pretty sure it is. My legs are covered, my shoulders are too. What, do you want me to go turtle neck instead?" I asked sarcastically. It was nearly 30º outside. I heard him mumble something that I couldn't catch on, but he shook his head, pushing past me.

"Come on, grab your stuff. You're late." I scrambled after him, shouldering my school bag.

We got in the car, and Dimitri sped off down the road.

"Since today is your first day, if anyone comes and harasses you, call me immediately, okay?" I nodded, my heart melting a little at the fact that he cares. "Because I don't want anyone hurting my little sister." Ok my heart became stone again. I literally just got friend zoned. No, sibling-zoned. I think I can go and die now, thanks.