Chapter 3: Sinful Confrontation

"Where were you?" Dimitri grounded out. I closed my eyes.

"Weren't you supposed to be at Anastasia's house?" My voice came out bitter, and I crossed my arms.

"So the cat goes away, the mouse starts to play huh?" Dimitri sneered, leaning against the back of our grand sofa. "At least you could have texted me."

I rolled my eyes. "You can't talk, you didn't even tell me that you were going to stay at Anastasia's house, or the fact that you proposed to her!" Such a hypocrite.

Dimitri frowned. "Well obviously I didn't stay at Ana's house, and I proposed to her? Who told you this ridiculous lie?" Dimitri asked, outraged.

"Well obviously Anastasia. Your little fiancée came up to my room this morning and told me." I shrugged, mimicking him. Dimitri opened his mouth to say something, but I held up a hand. "Save it Dimitri, I don't want to hear your excuses."

I headed towards the kitchen, intending to get a cup of water to soothe my sand dry throat. I sighed, and ran a hand through my hair. It was such a good evening, and now it's ruined. "I don't get why you are freaking out Dima. I'm not even back that late. It's only-" I checked the clock, "ten o'clock." I shrugged, getting a glass cup from the pantry. I filled it up with water, and desperately gulped it down.

"Just, ten o'clock?" Dimitri hissed. I flinched. "I had called you thousands of times, and not once did it go through. I have been driving myself crazy, thinking that you were dead, or in a ditch, or kidnapped!" Dimitri blew up, his eyes blazing. "And who was that guy huh? You know, your father was my best mate, and he entrusted me to take care of you, so I can make sure you don't whore yourself to boys!"

I gasped. That was cruel and unnecessary. "You're not my father, nor my brother, we are not even blood related! I don't have to listen to you!" I slammed the glass cup down on the table, tears clouding my vision. "And for the record, what I do with Andre in the bedroom is none of your business." With that, I sprinted upstairs, ignoring Dimitri's calls. I banged my bedroom door shut, making sure I locked it before flopping on my bed, letting out large sobs that racked my body.

It's not fair, he didn't even know what really happened. I heard him knock rapidly on the door.

"Delilah, open this door right now!" He pounded on the door.

"No! Fuck off!" I shouted through my tears. I heard the pounding stop for a second, and I sighed in relief thinking that he had actually listened, when the pounding started again, this time louder, and more urgent.

"I swear to all holy Delilah, if you don't open this door right now, I will knock it down!" He screamed. I rolled my eyes, and pushed off my bed. I walked into my bathroom, and locked the doors. I stripped off my clothes, and walked into the shower. As I stood under the shower, my tears started mixing in with the scalding hot water. I let out hoarse croaks when I've cried out all the tears. I cried for my deceased parents, I cried for my crush on Dimitri, and I cried for Dimitri's words.

When I've finally calmed down, my fingers are wrinkly, and the water is cold. I stepped out of the shower, wrapped myself in a fluffy towel, and wiped down my foggy mirror. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. Staring back at me was a girl with shoulder length dark brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, button nose, and red cupid bows lips. Although I have confidence issues, I have to admit, my features are alright. I could even be considered pretty. But apparently Dimitri didn't think so, because he wouldn't even look at me in any way other than a little sister.

Growing up, I always questioned his role in my life. He has short black hair, dark coloured eyes, a strong chiseled jaw, and full, pink lips, so we did not look alike at all. I finally asked him when I was eight about the difference in our looks. He broke the news to me that my parents passed away in a car crash when I was four, and he was entrusted with the job of taking care of me. He was my dad's partner and best friend while doing business, so when my dad passed away, Dimitri was also entrusted with both of the company.

I always wondered how he managed to take care of me, watch over the company, and survive under all that spotlight and paparazzi. Yes, you heard me, paparazzi. My dad and him used to have the biggest oil companies in America, probably in the world. And with Dimitri's model like looks, he often graced gossip magazines and teen magazines with different girls he slept with.

I sighed again, looking at my reflection sadly. The girls that he were photographed with are all tall and skinny, but somehow still have large breasts and large butts. Whereas on the other hand, every time I try to diet, my breasts and butt shrink down first. I know I shouldn't base my self confidence on what the society thinks and what Dimitri likes, but I just can't help it. With all these 'rules' on the perfect body and the perfect look shoved into my face, it's hard not to believe them. I stepped back out of the bathroom.

A shout left my throat in fright, when I spotted Dimitri lying casually on my bed. I clutched at the flimsy towel, gripping it closer to my body. This towel was so small it barely covered my butt. "Wh-what are you doing?" I stuttered.

Dimitri sat up, and smirked at me. "I just want to talk Lilah."

I scoffed. "What if I don't want to talk to you?" I muttered, walking into my wardrobe. I pulled on a pair of underwear and my robe, tucking my feet into fluffy bunny slippers. I pushed my towel onto a rack, meaning to get it later. I walked out, and leaned against the door frame. I crossed my arms, and cocked an eyebrow at Dimitri.

"So," I gestured with my arms. "Talk."

Dimitri looked at me amusedly, but shook his head. His expressions became serious. "I am sorry about what I said back there, but Anastasia and I are not getting married, not now, not in the future. It is strictly a physical relationship between us. I don't know why she told you what she did, but I will have a talk to her about it." He said, his eyes trained on me, making me squirm.

"You don't have to explain to me anything, I get it, it's your relationship, I won't interfere with it. You can do whatever you like with that women, and I won't care." I shrugged, trying to make my voice sound uncaring.

"Well anyways, how did you get into my bedroom?" I asked, tilting my head, wanting to change topics.

Dimitri smirked, holding up his hand. On his pointer finger, he twirled a set of keys. I rolled my eyes. Of course he had the keys. He has the keys to every room in the house.

"So am I forgiven?" Dimitri asked, sitting up. I pretended to think for a moment, but I knew it without a second thought that I could never stay angry at him. Dimitri stood up, obviously not liking my silence. He stalked towards me, and lifted an eyebrow. I backed up one step with every step he took, until my back hit the wall behind me. Damn.

Dimitri reached me, and we were so close that our breathes mingled. All I had to do is to stand on my tiptoes and our lips would meet. "So, am I Lilah?" Dimitri breathed out. My eyes widened and my brains stopped functioning.

"Y-Yes." I stuttered out. A small smile broke out on Dimitri's face, and his lips came lower and lower, until it landed a wet kiss on my cheek. My eyes flew open in surprise. When had it closed in the first place anyways? Dimitri's arms came around me, and wrapped me tightly in his arms. I hugged back, basking in his masculine scent. I felt so safe and so content in his arms, it was like my personal heater. I could totally have him in my bed.

I then blushed at my thoughts. Though to my dismay, the hug soon ended. Dimitri looked down at me, and smiled. "Goodnight Tesoro, I'll see you in the morning." My heart skipped a beat. The Italian endearment rolled off his tongue so smoothly. Even thought I didn't know what it meant, it still made me feel so giddy.

"Goodnight Dima." I said back softly. I watched as Dimitri left my bedroom, and I sighed. Tonight was really hectic. I wondered what tomorrow will have in store for me as I walked towards my bed.

________________________

What do you think? Was it good? Do I need to add more details or anything? Please give me feedback and comments! Every comment, opinion, and vote are counted and appreciated.

Thank you so much guys xxx