Chapter 5: Operation Revenge

Nope, nope, nope. A billion nopes. This is just a terrible, terrible dream.

"Delilah Lynn Reyes!" He boomed out. "Open your eyes and come here right now." My eyes flew open. Oh. So it isn't a dream. Well, shit.

"Hi Dimitri." I squeaked. I am well dead now.

"Grab your stuff and get in my car." He looked positively fuming, and I almost ran into the back room to get away from him. I heard him apologise to Ms Smith about what I've done, and I hurriedly got changed back into my normal clothing. I almost sprinted back to the front, avoiding eye contact and ducking my head low as I got into Dimitri's car.

As soon as my seatbelt were buckled in, Dimitri took off, making the engine of his car roar loudly. Not one word was exchanged during the car ride, and the atmosphere was tense. I absolutely hated it, but I don't need to apologise for anything. Getting a job is something every teenager have to do, so why can't I?

"Why are you so mad?" I blurted out after I could not take the horrid silence any longer. 

He was silent for a whole second. "Why am I mad?" He grounded out. "I am mad because the girl that I am suppose to take care of has decided to get a job without my consent, and doesn't mind others to stare or jeer at her outrageous work outfit while working!" He exploded.

"Excuse me? Jeering and staring? Oh please I think you are starting to see things. And even if they are, I can't help that now, can I? Like you said, it's my work clothes." I breathed hard from anger. "Key words on work clothes Dimitri. I'm pretty sure your secretary wears less clothing, and she works for you! Shouldn't you be yelling at her instead of me?" I threw my hands up.

"I'm not yelling! And plus, she's different!" He shouted.

"Yes you are! You just did!" Ugh sometimes his head can be so thick. "How is she different? Just because you are banging her?" I screamed.

"There is no relationship other than the professional one we've maintained between me and her. She is different because I don't care about her, I care about you." Sure. As if he doesn't bang every thing that moves on this earth who has a vagina. "I don't want to see you hurt, and working there with all those perverted men will make you hurt one day." He continued softly.

"But Dima, there are always such risks in getting a job, does it mean that I will never get a job?" I stressed.

"No, but there are bad people out there. I can only feel safe when you are older, working under someone who is a professional." Ha! When I'm older? That'll have to be when I am over 60 years old to satisfy Dimitri.

"It's apart of growing up Dimitri, you shouldn't and can't stop me." I crossed my arms and leaned back against the leather seat.

"Yes I can, and I will. You are grounded until further notice." His tone was final. I huffed in annoyance. The nerve of him. I swear to god, one day I will rip him a new one.

I held my tongue back from voicing my thoughts, because I know that I would get in more trouble. If I want to get back at him, I have to do it smartly. I chuckled inwardly to myself, a master plan already forming in my head. You better watch out Dimitri.

I am officially grounded for the next three days, and I made use of all these time spent at home. My computer mouse glided over an ad.

Wanted: A secretary in the finance department, working for Miles Thompson.

Perfect. I noted down the name, and printed off my CV. Today was my last day of grounding, and first thing after school tomorrow, I am going to head to the office and talk to this Miles.