10. You are a coward

Jungkook's POV

 I sit in the last row of the history class, anxiously looking at the doors with my textbook and assignment notebook sitting on the nearby chair, the chair near the window. Students pour into the class like colonies of ants, each one taking a seat at their respective chairs along with their partner.

 The class fills in no time and I sigh looking down at my feet. I had a little hope that Taehyung would come today. But now I lost it. He isn't going to come. How could I expect him to class after yesterday's events?

 Yesterday he got hurt badly. We beat him almost to death. We were about to go out for a party when he jumped in front of us. I didn't actually want to go but I couldn't say 'no' as I already avoided two parties last week.

 I was the first one to notice Taehyung. I prayed they won't see him and he'll walk away quickly. But things happened against my wish. Taehyung wasn't observing his surroundings. He was walking very slowly, looking down at the ground. And unfortunately, Namra correctly noticed him.

 I didn't sleep last night. I know Taehyung would never forgive me for this. And I don't deserve forgiveness.

 But I was trying to help him. I honestly didn't want to hurt him. Donghyuk was beating him with such force that I was afraid he would get his eyes or ears permanently damaged. That's why I interrupted Donghyuk.

 I only had the intention to somehow save Taehyung. But he was being too stubborn. He could have simply agreed to do the work instead of taking all those beats. I pleaded with him but he didn't agree.

 When I beat him the second time, I could see his dizzy eyes rolling backward. I was sure he'd pass out with one more slap. So I brought the last slap hard on his cheek and he passed out. That was the only way I found to help him. They would leave him alone, only if he lose consciousness.

 “Guys, he passed out,” I turned and told them, holding his body firmly to the car's bonnet, so that he won't fall.

 Hyunwoo sighed. “What to do now?”

 “Let's take him to hospital,” I said.

 “Hospital? Are you mad?” Namra asked. “Just leave him there. He would get back his consciousness after a while.”

 “Yeah..C'mon, let's go,” Donghyuk said. “Move him from there,” he said whilst walking towards the driver's seat of the Mercedes. Apparently, it was his car. Though Namra has a car, she rarely brings it to school. Donghyuk is the one who picks her from home every day and drops her back at home. Hyunwoo and Haein are staying at the dorm but they aren't roommates.

 “If something happens to him, we'll be in trouble,” I said.

 “Nothing will happen to him,” Haein sighed. “And Hyunwoo will take care if something happens. C'mon now, we are getting late to the party.”

 “I'll take him to the nurse then,” I said and took Taehyung into my arms after taking his bag from his shoulder and hauling it on my back. His lips were bleeding and his left cheek was bright red with a bruise just under his eyes.

 “Hey! Don't do foolishness,” Hyunwoo almost yelled.

 “Guys, look he passed out. And I'm the one responsible for this. He passed out when I beat him. I don't want something serious to happen to him and I obviously don't want to go to jail,” I said.

 “Jungkook..you're crazy,” Namra shook her head in annoyance. “Just drop that thing somewhere already. Yuck!” she said looking at Taehyung who was lying in my arms.

 “No. I'm taking him to Nurse,” I said and started walking with him in my arms.

 “Hey! What are you doing? You're being stupid,” Donghyuk yelled, rolling down the window of his car.