28. Pool

Jungkook's POV

 I lay on a lounge chair by the edge of our school's pool in my swimsuit, looking at Eunwoo and Gayoung swimming and splashing water at each other by the other side of the pool.

 It's ten or fifteen minutes since we came here and it's almost 10:30 am now. The sun is shining brightly above us. There are more than twenty people here, both boys and girls who haven't gone home for the weekend. Most of them are in the pool, swimming and playing and laughing cheerfully. A few are sitting by the sides, relaxed, dangling their legs in the water and applying sunscreen onto their body.

 But I don't feel like swimming or joining these people. It was Eunwoo who forcefully dragged me here. Last day I had told Eunwoo that it'd be nice to go swim in the pool on weekend. But then, I was thinking about swimming along with Tae. But things changed too quickly.

 Taehyung isn't here. Gayoung said she called him a lot of times to come along, but he refused and at last, he got angry at her. One way it’s good he didn’t come. I'm not ready to face him after what I did. I had promised him I won't do anything like that. Still, I couldn't control my emotions.

 I now think I was totally wrong. Everything was my fantasy. Tae doesn't like me. If he liked me, he definitely wouldn't have slapped me when I tried to kiss him. I've never heard of someone slapping the person they like when the person leans in to kiss. It's always the other way. They can't push away the person even though they want to and most often they end up kissing back. That's not what happened in his case. Maybe he only likes me like a brother.

 But all those smiles, blush, side glances?? I don't know what to think. The only thing I know is I really fucked up once again. And I'm sure Tae now hates me. I know he didn't come to the pool because he don't like to see me. I've lost my chance with him. I screwed up big time. There's no point in hoping anymore. And he might be soon dating that girl Yebin.

 “Hey Jungkook! C'mon man!” Eunwoo yelled at me from the pool. I waved my hands 'no' and I saw him let out a sigh whilst shaking his head. Then he was talking to Gayoung with a serious look on his face, probably about my and Tae's matter. But soon they went back to swimming and goofing around.

 I finally got up from the sun launcher, tired lying there for long. Also, what would all these people think if I simply lie on the sun launcher in my swimsuit without actually getting into the pool. Girls are already eying me. So I moved to the edge of the pool and sat down letting the warm water surround my feet.

 I looked at the group of guys goofing around and wrestling with each other and the group of girls giggling excitedly and splashing water at each other. Some people were sitting at the sides flirting and smiling to each other.

Over there, my physics lab partner Kim Mingyu is twirling his fingers in some 11th grade girl's locks. Everyone's having fun in one way or other. I'm the only one who can't feel a bit of happiness.

I became like this after I saw Taehyung. Why Taehyung came to study here? And why couldn't I just feel these kinds of feeling towards some girl instead of Tae? It wouldn't have been this hard to get a girl.

 Suddenly I felt two hands on my back before I knew I was forcefully pushed into the pool as water surrounded me fully. I quickly swam to the surface, coughing up some water and my eyes searched for the jerk who pushed me.

 I looked up and my eyes were greeted by fascinating green eyes. Dark, forest green eyes of a girl, surrounded by long curly golden blonde locks.

 “I'm sorry,” the girl said a bit nervously.

 “You intentionally pushed me into the pool and you are sorry?” I asked, glaring at her.

 “Sorry, it was a dare from my friends,” she said in english and pointed at a group of girls who were amusedly watching us on the other end of the pool.

 “Girl, you did a great job!” Eunwoo laughed swimming towards me. I was still glaring at the green eyed girl.

 “You are in 11th grade, right? What's your name?” he asked in English with an accent.

 “Gabriel,” She replied.

 “Oh..yeah..Gabriel! I knew your name,” Eunwoo smiled. But then he swam away on seeing Gayoung frowning at him.

 “Jungkook, I'm sorry, okay? Please don't take it seriously,” Gabriel said, her forest green eyes glinted in the light.

 “Okay, I’m letting it slide for this once. Don't repeat it again,” I said whilst brushing my hands through my wet hair. Some of her friends giggled and squealed from the other side of the pool. I don’t know why they were laughing. Did I say something funny right now?

“She has a crush on you!” One of them suddenly yelled and I was taken aback. I looked at the girl in front of me and she looked too shocked. Her green eyes grew bigger.

“No..no...oh my gosh! There’s nothing like that. They are....” she turned and glared at her friends before looking back at me. “I'm sorry..”

“Okay, you may leave,” I said nonchalantly. I was not in a mood to play along with these girls.

 The green eyed girl's face dimmed. “Uhm..you don't have any problem, right? I'm really sorry,” She said.

 “Hmm..it's okay,” I nodded in annoyance. Her thin lips bunched into an awkward smile, revealing a row of perfectly white teeth. Then she hastily turned and sped away towards her friends who were waiting for her.

 I climbed on the edge and sat there watching the girls laugh and tease her as she reached them. She glared at them and jumped into the pool, starting to chase the girl who shouted that she has a crush on me.