54. He belongs to me

Taehyung's POV

It's when I'm anxiously waiting for the DNA test result, my Phone rings showing Jungkook on caller ID.

Why does he have to call now? I talked to him just two hours ago.

I reach my hands to pick the call but soon I withdraw. No, I'm not answering the call. I'm at the peak of my anxiety right now and If I pick the call, I'm sure I'll spill everything to him.

So, I let the phone ring there on the table and turn back to my laptop screen. I look at the time and it's 5:13 PM. They actually told, they will mail the results by 5 PM. But it hasn't arrived yet. I'm internally freaking out. I feel like my heart is about to explode.

Suddenly a new mail pops up, making my heart thud vigorously. And it's the mail from the lab itself. I feel my fingers tremble as I'm about to click on the mail.

I close my eyes tight and click on it. 'God, please just don't make me and Jungkook brothers. If possible, make me my Dad and Mom's biological son.' I pray in mind before I take a deep breath and open my eyes.

I still haven't opened the report. There are two reports in the mail. One is the DNA test result of me and Mom. Other is the test result of Jungkook and Mom. I don't know which one to click first.

I finally decide to click on Jungkook's and Mom's. I tap on it, grabbing my whole courage at my fingertips.

It gets downloaded in a second and two columns with Jungkook's and Mom's name on top appears. There are a lot of digits down the columns. I'm just searching for the words 'positive' or 'Negative' but I can't find them both. My fingers are shivering.

At last, I see one thing on the bottom. My heart stops beating for a moment.

Probability of Maternity: 99. 9999997%

I sit there looking at the result for some time and reading through the small paragraphs on the bottom saying the alleged Mother is the biological mother of the tested child.

The next report needs more courage to open. I feel like I'll get a heart attack even if the result is positive or negative.

It's only two minutes later, I open it with shivering hands and quickly look at the bottom.

Probability of Maternity: 0%

I don't get a heart attack but to my surprise, I leave a relieved sigh.

No! How can I feel relief when I realize I'm not my Mom's son. What's wrong with me? Why don't I cry?

Maybe because I already cried a lot, that there are no tears left. Maybe because I was 99% sure about this already. Or maybe because I'm relieved Jungkook isn't my brother and I haven't committed incest along with him.

I sit there staring at the screen, feeling kind of blank. What I had believed till this Wednesday morning has changed on this Saturday evening. My parents and siblings changed in a span of a few moments yet nothing happened to me. I became a nobody to this family but here I'm sitting without shedding a single tear.

Am I going crazy?

So, aren't I an orphan, right now? Yes, I'm an orphan until I find out I'm Jungkook's mom's biological Son. If that test also shows 0% probability, then I'm nothing but an orphan.

No! I'll be her son. I sure will be her son.

My phone again rings beside me and it's Jungkook again, to my frustration. I don't answer it and it finally stops ringing. But moments later, it's again ringing.

I pick the call in exasperation. “What do you want now?!” I scoff placing the phone near my ear.

"Tae...I..” he utters in panic. I instantly regret picking the call.