11. Red candles

Taehyung's POV

 I shut the door as soon as Jungkook steps out. Locking it, I go to my bed and collapse down, heaving a sigh. I hate Jungkook. I hate him so much. I hate the fact that he looks like hyung.

 I hate this school. I hate my previous school too. I hate every school. I don't want to study anymore.

 No, I take it back. I want to study. I just hate going to school. I should better do homeschooling or something.

 Lying on my bed, I involuntarily tear up. I can't bear this anymore. I don't have any idea what I should do. I'm scared to go to class. I'm scared of seeing people. I'm so pathetic. I'm a loser. Tears run down my both cheeks one after another.

 Suddenly my phone rings near my ear, making me flinch. I grab it and look at the caller ID. It's my Mom calling. I quickly wipe away my tears and breathe in and out a few times, trying to calm myself down. Then I answer the call.

 “Hello Tae,” Mom says enthusiastically from the other side of the line.

 “Hello Mom,” I respond.

 “What are you doing? Did you come back from school?” She asks.

 “Yeah..I just came back,” I reply.

 “How are classes? Is it tough?” Mom asks.

 “Classes are g...good,” I say.

 “Uhm..are you okay, Tae? What happened to your voice?” she asks confused at my hoarse sound and lack of response.

 “Yeah..I- I'm okay,” I say.

 “Okay..did you get new friends?” She asks.

 “Uhm....yeah..I g..got to know a few people today,” I say.

 “You aren't feeling lonely there, right? Everything's alright, hmm?” she asks, not convinced by my earlier reply.

 “Yeah, everything's g..good, Mom. No need to worry about me. I'm alright. Okay, I'll c..call you later. I was gonna go sh..shower,” I say as I feel tears spring to my eyes and run over.

 “Oh..okay,” she says and I quickly end the call, breaking out into sobs.

 I don't want to tell her that again people are bullying me here and this school is worse than my previous high school. Mom and Dad are really happy that I got to study for free in this highly reputed school. I don't want to worry my parents again. I'm already a big burden to them with my stupid stutter although they would never say that. I shouldn't worry them again. I'd somehow manage this.

 I sit up on my bed and wipe my face, deciding to do the pending homework from yesterday. Yesterday after I somehow wobbled into here, I fell on the bed and cried for a long time before I finally fell asleep.

I didn't do anything yesterday or today. I was in bed the whole time with my phone and laptop. And I have only eaten a packet of cookies and a packet of Doritos today. But I don't feel hungry or anything. I still have more packets of cookies.

 I don't know how I'll get the notes from today's classes. Tomorrow I should go. I can't sit hiding inside this room forever. I'll now go, take a shower and then complete my homework. I terribly feel the need for a shower.

 I slip out of my bed and walk to the bathroom. I look up at myself in the mirror above the wash. I look like a mess. My hair is all disarrayed and messy. My eyes are red and puffy with dark circles surrounding them, especially a very big dark mark under my right eye where they punched me.

 My lip which is swollen is shivering painfully as I look at it in the mirror. It'd have been good if I could get some Ice. But here there's no way I could get Ice. So, yesterday I just applied some ointment from my first aid box. Good that I brought the first aid box with me.