Chapter Four: Fun or Deceit?

"Got any threes?" Wil asked, looking at his range of cards. He smiled as Quackity met his eyes with a firmly raised brow, mouth slightly open as he gazed at the human in complete and utter befuddlement.

The two were playing cards in Wil's spot by the cliff. Quackity brought a picnic blanket to play on. Something about "not wanting to ruin the cards," whatever that meant.

Assuming now that Quackity did not have any threes, he said, "Go fish."

Quackity's eyes had seemed to light with some realization before he narrowed his cold, hard brown eyes on Wil. "Soot," he started slowly before raising his voice, "this is poker! Have you been playing 'Go Fish' this entire time?"

"Maybe?" He drawled out, giving a meek smile in return as he clutched the cards close to his chest.

"How in the world does this even look like 'Go Fish', Soot?"

"Well, you never specified the game we were playing," Wil shot back.

"I—Okay, have you never played card games before?"

"I have," Wil insisted at Quackity's perked brow and tapping fingers. "My family actually has game nights, like we're doing in a few nights. We play Uno and Go Fish!"

"That doesn't seem like a wide variety."

"Well, that's not all we play, moron," Wil deadpanned. "It's just the games that relate to this subject."

"Are you any good at them?"

Wil's silence must've given it away, even though he looked at the trees instead of Quackity, as the shorter man sighed and rubbed his temples.

"Alright, let's start over," he started as he began to pick up the cards. "I'm going to teach you how to play card games and how to play them well. We'll meet everyday here at the same time we met up today, got it? At least until you have some basic understanding."

Wil nodded, a wide grin on his face, as Quackity began messing with the cards and explaining the game.

And they did meet up every day. Quackity started with poker first and foremost, giving him tips on how to be a more skilled player. Then they learned blackjack, Baccarat, Cassino, War, and Poker War. Those were apparently Quackity's most popular games at his casinos, as well as his favorites. Though, they also used Uno not only for fun but also for Quackity to help him learn how to use the tips and mindset in every game, to get some basic understanding of even those he hasn't yet learned.

And Wil finally began to tie with Quackity.

Albeit, it was when Quackity was playing it easy for Wil, but that was still a win in both of their books. So, as somewhat of a reward and also due to some communication issues, they went to get Wil a phone under his alias, so he was able to speak to Quackity and the coven.

"Do you have your phone set up yet?" Quackity asked as they began to approach the Kraftzes' home road. The Kraftz family had an estate of about twelve acres, and had an entire new road with the name 'Kraftz Street' in dedication to them. Their home wasn't too large, as the Kraftz focused more on protection than luxuries—someone twelve acres was needed for 'protection'—as if it only had about six bedrooms. Quackity was preparing to drop him off at the end of the road per normal, so it seemed like Wil had to walk home on his own.

"Just . . . a . . . second," he drawled out as he finished setting up his phone. After the phone finished setting up, he snatched the papers, which were a list of numbers Quackity gave to him to gradually add, and searched for Quackity's. He filled it out and sent a simple "hello" message. "Alright, I'm good now. You can let me out," he said as the car came to a stop. Will opened the door and said his goodbyes before walking down the street.