𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

THE GIFT OF CLAIRVOYANCE

TRAINING WITH CARLISLE WASN'T AS BAD AS AUGUSTINE THOUGHT IT'D BE.

The older man established a strict schedule that consisted of really honing in her new skills from the comfort of their backyard four times a week.

It would normally be just the two of them, right before Carlisle would go into work, but Esme was never too far behind. Sometimes she'd be a spectator, eagerly bringing forth objects for Augustine to try and manipulate, and other times she'd be watching from the kitchen windows, silently cheering her on as though to not distract her.

The support from the others was great, and her confidence instantly lifted when Emmett assured her that she was now his coolest sister. Sure, it earned him a playful punch to the shoulder from a certain pixie girl, but he knew Alice was the one that was the most thrilled because another vision played out exactly how she hoped.

Where Rosalie Hale was somewhat of a stern, older sister figure, Alice Cullen was unbridled middle-child chaos in the most magnificent way. Augustine had always admired her ability to seeing the future, and made it known quite often.

So, naturally, when the rest of the family found out and when Augustine started to learn a bit more control, Alice started making requests. Last week, she'd asked the ravenette to change the squirrel she caught into a chipmunk— because she hated the taste of one more than the other.

She was an oddball like that, there was no doubt about it, but whenever Augustine needed a good pick-me-up, she'd usually seek out Alice and her vibrant smiles.

Only, on that afternoon, when March had kicked into gear and spring was steadily on its way, Alice sought her out. And not for any of the reasons she initially had in mind.

"What the hell do you mean you saw her jump off a cliff?!"

Alice had just finished recounting her latest vision, one of Bella Swan jumping off a staggeringly tall cliff with all of her clothes on. She looked like she was ready to die, and the ravenette could see a rather haunted look in the other vampire's eyes. "And now I can't see her future anymore.. it's all, blank."

Augustine's stomach started to roll, easily masking it by rolling her shoulders back. "So she's dead?"

"I've let Carlisle know that I'm going to check out the situation back in Forks," she responded, and it was only when the two navigated their way into the living room that Augustine fully heard the car running. "And I was wondering if—"

"I'll come," the younger girl interrupted with a rapid nod, not even waiting for Alice to finish her sentence. In fact, she was already heading towards the door in her blue pyjamas (ones with little clouds on them), buckling into the passenger side of Carlisle's car before Alice even had a hand on the driver's side handle.

"Y'know, I think you're the only vampire I know who still wears her pyjamas."

"Oh, just drive!"

⋆☾ ゚。⋆

The drive to Forks was a jarring one, specifically because Augustine wanted to check on Bella as quickly as possible before darting back to New York. She didn't want to overstay her visit, in fear of running into the boy Emmett deemed as he-who-shall-not-be-named.