Chapter two: Beside the Chowan River

Hey guys!! Happy Easter! Hope you all enjoying some chocolate! Anyways, apologies for the quality of writing, will come back look through it tomorrow and possibly fix it up a little, if I even get time? Anyways, hope it didn't turn out too terrible, but barely had time to write this week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A day after the shipwreck 1718.

By the Chowan River, under the soft lavender hue of the dusky early morning sky.

A black bird crows above him.

Teach hears the crack of sticks, and an eerie breeze tickles his face. A prickly sensation lingers over his skin, his insides tensing. Somehow he could already sense he was being watched. He twists his gaze up to the man he'd traveled with, his good friend Black Caesar, who'd accompanied him on their rough trek to bury their loot... but it's too late... she already held him by a spear, pressed to Caesar's back. Teach shoots a hand to his holster, flicking out his gun, not hesitating to click back the trigger, and swinging it out to aim it at the woman that stood before him.

His chest heaves, bleeding with heat, heart pounding deep within his chest... not at all because he was scared... but because he was facing her again.

She looked exactly the way he'd seen her last- exquisite... she was majestic, mysterious... she stood beside her golden coated stallion, her trusted old friend... her long black hair flowing smoothly, lifting with the slightest breeze, cascading beside her shoulders... she wore a tan dress with many stitches and painted designs that decorated the colorful fringe across her chest.

He knew she didn't understand his language, but somehow he felt like she could understand his spirit and read his soul entirely.

He heaves out a deep breath, gaze traveling from the woman that stood before him, to his friend. Silently, and confused, his gaze flickers back to her... somehow he knew they would meet again... that she would eventually find him. He didn't think it would be here... It happened that it would be the day he'd had to be burying his mound of treasure from his fleet- and he almost felt the urge to laugh at the irony. He'd been kneeled on the dirt, beside an old oak tree, close to the river on the fringe of the outer banks, a tree that held a prominent design of deeply intertwining branches, that stood over a dry patch of land, near the murky swamp water. The tree held a distinctive look... an almost eerie, troubled essence came from it, Teach could not explain... like within its twisting branches and towering force it held some sort of energy Teach could feel emanating from it. He'd named it the devils tree.

Here she was... standing right in front of him with those fierce eyes. His hand trembles around his gun, thumb readied. "Ya gonna kill 'im, aye?" He mumbles. He'd seen what her tribe had done a couple of months back when they'd first encountered them, and it wouldn't surprise him if she was just as fierce as the rest of her people.

She doesn't respond, just stands there fearlessly, staring at him fiercely. Teach couldn't tell she'd ever even blinked.

Caesar's breath grows quicker, blinking his eyes rapidly, anxious, not knowing his fate, but he couldn't speak either. "He be me frien'- ya hear? What ya want?"

She remains silent, and Teach feels like the only way he would be communicating with her would be through their eyes. He takes a moment to read her. "Ya want gold?" he laughs. "That what ya want?- Las?" he laughs again.