Chapter 3: Part 2

Hey guys! New part! As always, not happy with my writing, but hope is ok. This part was supposed to be a Riara part but is a JJ and Rafe part just to bring out parts to the story that I thought I need to be included and lead to Riara parts. Anyway, sorry I'm taking longer between chapters! Has been insane to get chance to sit and write these days, even with the whole story swirling in my mind and I wish to get to the end. Sorry again if not well written. I'll go through it tomorrow. Hope you enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blackbeard, September Bath, North Carolina: Return after the plunder of French Ships.

Carrying out a dusty oil lamp onto the front porch, Eden walks out onto his verander of his fairly large colonial home, dangling the old lamp, and casting a gentle light out into the darkness. The night is dead silent, but for the chilly breeze that plays with the leaves on the surrounding branches of nearby trees, gently whispering... and then there is the faint clomping sound of someone approaching on a horse.

The stars shone brilliantly in the inky dark sky, and the moon illuminated a soft glow that traced along the lines of trees that wrap around his property. Eden finally caught sight of the deeper shadow coming off from within the woods in the not so far distance, and the form becomes clearer as they near, following the track that led to his home. The steady sound of hooves meeting the hard earth become more bold as they make their approach, and when the figure becomes more visible in the moon's natural glow, Eden recognises that it's Teach, mounted precariously on a horse. He is slumped a little forward, a little clumsy at the reins as he guided it closer to the foot of Eden's house.

Flicking the reins for the horse to stop as it reaches the front of Eden's property, Teach attempts to dismount his horse before he'd been properly ready, and before the horse had actually come to a full stop- unsteadily dismounting- he falls off instead, landing onto the dirt with a thud. He groans as he rolls over, holding his side, grimacing, and the horse neighs and snorts, a little agitatedly, shaking its mane of hair, padding around.

"You drunk, Ed?" Eden echoes, observing him roll around for a short while. Teach eventually rolls onto his back, and groans more. "Ya brought what you said you would?"

"I's aaalways bring whatcha want, yarrr bloody mooongrel-" Teach drunkenly slurs, then eventually turns on his side, and attempts to pull himself up. "It's aaalways ya damn right ta leech off some' else's spoils, aaain't it- gov?"

Eden ignores him. "We agreed on payment, Ed." he says sternly. "I'll keep up my end of the deal- and you keep yours. I promised I'd take care of the court- keep them out of all this business- keep them quiet on your lootings... after what we agreed."

"What looten?"

"The French ships, Teach." Eden rasps frustratedly.

"I's told you- they beee deserted, gov-" Teach mumbles, finally getting up unsteadily onto his feet.

"So you've told me." Eden tsks-. "But we both know that is a damnable lie." Eden smirks, knowingly. He then frowns at Teach, suspiciously, inspecting him. "And I wouldn't be surprised if Knight had something to do with this too?... working with you on the lootings of those ships?"

"Whysss ya says 'aaaat?" Teach questions, swaying a little on his feet, taking a couple of steps forward, and adjusting his belt as he makes his way over.

Eden scoffs, unsurprised. "Maybe because you've hidden half your loot in his barn, Ed- you think I'm an idiot?"

Teach laughs, as he stumbles, attempting to keep his balance upright on his feet, treading over slowly. He fixes his sooted starch shirt that had looked dirtied from a possible scuffle, or some altercation... a smear of blood spread over parts of his left sleeve and some over his collar. Teach mutters aloud to himself, in a lowly tone, unimpressed, reaching the foot of the front porch where Eden stood holding his lamp, and Teach grasps the railing tightly to keep his form upright.