Chapter Three: Adventure: Part One

Hey guys!! Got a bit carried away with the Blackbeard part so the pogues part is very short! I will make the next part with the pogues longer and should have Riara in it. May take me longer to write though! And, apologies for the writing again! I did edit but maybe not well. And another thing, I read that Blackbeard may have married a girl named Mary in 1718 who was only 16, omg, history can be so disturbing to read... anyway, I will not romanticize that in any form in my story cause personally I don't ever think it should be even if was a 'common' thing that happened at that time, but terrible thing. Anyways, I will look over it tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month after, off the coast of North Carolina, Teach is on board his ship 'Adventure' he'd used for privateering: 1718

A loud rumbling roars over the ship, moments before, splinters of wood explode in the air, sending shrapnels flying in all different directions. The ship is hit. The iron-cast cannonball rips into the side, shredding the wooden railing into pieces, then strikes into the upper deck. Thick smoke engulfs the platform, the explosion causing the ship to rattle entirely.

"Man down!" a gunner bellows. A young boy gets onto his feet, scurries off, attempting to retrieve the medic.

"Take ya match!" Teach roars over the noise, ignoring the chaotic mess onboard- "Fire!" he bellows.

Heaving with anger, Teach continues to bark out orders, his black boots tread over the mess amounted over the deck, pools of blood and bits of shrapnel and other pieces of debris lay out scattered across the damp timber boards.

The gunner sticks a slow-burning wick into the torch hole at the end of the cannon gun, and then leaps out of the way as it explodes with so much force it sends him flying back a little more. The cannon roars, ripping the ball into the air, and the blast sends it spiraling out with force toward the enemy ship. The men cover their ears, shielding them from its deafening sound, and the rise of thick smoke masks their vision momentarily, making it almost impossible to make out clearly where the heavy ball hit.

The force of the shot had erupted the ball out of the gun and out to smash into the smaller Spanish cargo ship, the men hear the crunching of wood echoing from the distance on the other end.

The men watch as Teach storms like a mad man, wildly, along the deck, ready to bellow out the next orders- although he's tempted to take on everything himself... do what his 'useless' crew couldn't do, he thinks heatedly to himself.

He works with ruthless efficiency and expects nothing less of his crew, whilst appearing as though he could blow up on them at any moment. They were sure their captain was close to losing his mind- they'd been terrified of the strong fearsome man- a once fierce pirate- one that had supposedly turned his ways.

When they'd first boarded his ship, he'd given them the firm warning that if they hadn't attended their stations in time when ordered to- he would rip a bullet through their brains.

Their captain's fierceness, his tough deliverance of orders made them alert at all times- they wondered why he'd been so hard on them, or why he'd been so hard-hearted?

Teach stalks over the wooden deck, swinging out his musket, pulling up a foot on the side railing, and takes aim. One blast from his gun, he strikes a man dead-square in the chest with one bullet, watching as the body plunges off the enemy ship and down into the dense cool waters below.

Within a couple of seconds the captain strides across the deck, swiftly moving towards one of the nearest cannon guns, shoving the gunner aside, and prepares aim himself. His aim on point, he fires the cannon, trained to the main mast- the heavy hit makes it explode- the material and wood- into shrapnels, sending thousands of little pieces flying everywhere.