Chapter 5: Part 2

Hey guys!! New part! Anyway, I know this isn’t that good, but I have had too many things on these weeks to write properly, so I will be taking some time for the next one. This part was supposed to be longer but I had to split it into two parts to give me more time with the next one so I can write it a little better?… I’m sending this part so you guys can have something this week, I won’t be able to write for quite a while, but I am trying to edge closer to hopefully get to an end lol. Anyways, enjoy! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some time had passed before JJ, Sarah, Kie and Rafe had found themselves back inside the old house with the burly man called Malik. They’d followed him in, he’d ‘convinced’ them that they could work together- sliding back his jacket- revealing his gun, giving them the hint- they’d got the point… so they’d decidedly followed him back into a larger room, filled with ornaments and collections of artifacts, where he began to explain a few things. He rambled on about the scroll and explained how it had been written in a native language which few could read, and how he’d come to learn how to decipher it with the help of a certain person named Enola… someone he knew, who had links to native ancesterial history and knowledge. He emphasized how the scroll held so much importance and significance in getting them closer to the treasure. 

Once inside, Malik became distracted, trying to befriend his ‘new friends’- showing off his items off his collection and other findings including a jeweled goblet that belonged to Black Caesar… his talk had gone for some time, on past midnight, trying to convince the four that the treasure was rightfully his due his ancestry and it's linkage he had to Black Caesar… he tries instilling trust he’d hope he could get from the pogues and Rafe. 

Kie picks up the goblet, Malik trusting her to take it… Kie had been focused on the goblet, intrigued by his find, she focuses on some letters etched onto the side of the base- initials maybe?- she’d sworn she’d seen something similar in one of their books before. 

Rafe's eyes graze over her, taking her in… he’d became quickly lost in what Malik had been saying and what the others had been doing… his mind on something else, traveling elsewhere, on things he wanted to open up again with Kie… his eyes drop, fixated on Kie’s lips…  

“That, my friend-” Malik addresses Rafe, startling him out of his thoughts, turning his attention back onto him. “Is part of my family heirloom.” he says with a cutting grin. “Let me tell you the story behind it-” Rafe stops him-

“Nah- I’m good-” he grunts, lounging back, resting his back further into the couch- “I don’t really give a shit about all this-” he says curtly, his gaze coming up to him pointedly, piercing “-don’t think I’m your friend, ‘lright?-,” he says in a low harsh tone, his lips curling up in warning. His eyes stay on the man, wishing he could end the dipshit, he thinks to himself- furious he'd snatch Kie and harshly treated her “-I got no interest in what you got to say, understand?...” he says firmly. “...friend.” he mocks, his lips rolling into a mocking smirk.  

Malik assesses him for a while, eyes darting over him fiercely, before his dark smile slowly begins to fade away, as he pulls his focus back onto the others. He continues on talking about the relevant history behind the items they each hold. 

It had been a while, and Rafe began to quickly get bored out of his mind- his attention long gone on what they’d all been discussing, he rolls his head back, and around, running an impatient hand over his buzz, trying to keep his eyes open, when his eyes happened to catch Kie’s on him for a few seconds. She’d been avoiding him- particularly kept her eyes from falling on him- the entire time they’d entered the house… once the pogues had been close enough to take notice, she’d kept her distance… maybe she’d been thinking things he had too… He sits up, straightening himself, then leaning forward, resting his elbows on his knees, looking more attentive now. His eyes come back to her, flickering over her curiously, rubbing his hands together, when she'd began to look away… he was probably being too obvious, so he leans back, hoping her eyes would come back to him…