Chapter 4: Part Two

Hey guys!! New part! Ok, sorry guys I took so long with this part, I also realized it's very long over five thousand words! Why I struggled with editing it so badly! I hope it came out ok? It's definitely no where near perfect, but I will have to go through it again tomorrow. Anyways, my next part shouldn't have a longish part for Blackbeard, but more the pogues, Rafe and some other characters. 'Fun' fact: I discovered Blackbeard was rumored to have thirteen wives lol the man was a bit of a player lol nah, but really, apparently they weren't romantic but more just because he needed a wife at each port to bail him out incase they tried arresting him? lol Something like that. anyway, my Blackbeard is probably a much 'friendlier' version of the infamous fearsome pirate. I'm intrigued to know how they will portray him in s4! Anyways, enjoy guys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You are a flower, ya know ‘at?” Teach says, reaching a hand to touch her face, Aiukli wraps her fingers gingerly around his and moves his hand away.

“You, Mr Teach… you are a man that lost your shadow.” she says simply… she gazes at him with a sternness. There is a warmth that flows into her eyes as he continues to gaze on her with a softened expression she’d never thought capable of a man such as himself, his eyes flickering away then back. She looks around for the small clay pot she’d placed somewhere behind her. The pot held herbs and leaves, some sage and sweetgrass, she’d used to burn together and create a purifying incense. Teach’s brows crinkle, eyes moving over to the pot and eyeing it heavily with a scrutinizing look. 

“Whats it for?” he grunts, as she motions for him to lay back, helping him by guiding his shoulders down to rest onto a gathered mulch she’d formed together to make a soft padding for him to be propped on. 

The aroma lifts from the pot, wafting into the air, releasing a sweet smell that consumed the air inside of the small shelter. Her eyes flicker over gently to him, giving thought to his question. 

“The spirits like the smell of sacred herbs… the herbs that heal body will draw good spirits into the body and cleanse of impurity, and bring balance within… it help bring healing to your wounds.”

Teach stares at her blankly for a short while, trying to work out what she’d said. He shakes his head, giving up- he’d thought the whole concept was absurd either way, but he’s still willed to know what she’d meant by her last statement-    

“Whatcha mean- I lost me shadow?” Teach snorts, finding a little humor in it, and believing she’d naive to believe in all these things. The warmth in her eyes dull slightly, and they read him slowly.  

“It mean you a lost man, Mr Teach…” she says rubbing a soft moist paste over the wound of his leg- Teach grits his teeth against the pain, pulling back his leg a little. He forces himself to keep his leg still, giving her permission to continue on. 

“I’s not lost- it ain’t ‘at bad.” he says, clenching his teeth as he watches her wrap the wound around with some kind of wrap, made from some type of dried hide. 

“You refuse to see, but you will see some day you are lost. When a man is lost, he have nothing to lose.” She gets to her feet, wandering over to a little clay bowl filled with water, and washes her hands. “That also make you dangerous. Are you a dangerous man?” she questions, looking over her shoulder lightly to get a better look at him, curiosity painting her features.

He hangs his head back, panting, having held back his breaths from keeping in the pain. “I ain't dangerous- not to you, my girl.” he groans, closing his eyes, waiting for the pain to gently subside and continue to ebb away. After a moment's time, he’d opened his eyes to find her standing over him. She’d begun to kneel beside him, dipping her hands into a new bowl of water, then running her hands along his face, beginning to wash the soot away from his eyes and skin, to prepare for making his temple clean for an ointment she’d prepared from primrose seeds that she’d use to mark over his brows and temple.