Chapter 5: Doubts and Suspicions

Weeks, they slipped by like sand through an hourglass, each grain marking the passage of time tinged with growing unease between Jimin and Y/n. In the studio, where once their harmonies intertwined effortlessly, now hung a palpable tension, like a discordant note in an otherwise melodious symphony. 

However, Jimin couldn't help but notice the subtle shifts in Y/n's behavior. It was in the way she would hastily pocket her phone when he entered the room, the way her eyes darted nervously whenever it buzzed with a message. Late-night calls became a regular occurrence, and her explanations for disappearing acts grew increasingly vague, like scattered pieces of a puzzle refusing to fit together.

A bustling restaurant filled with the joyous chaos of BTS enjoying a post-practice lunch. Jimin, however, couldn't shake the feeling of unease that had been simmering for weeks. He scanned the street outside the window, his gaze catching on a flash of familiar hair.

 Sunlight glinted off Y/n's hair as she walked with a masked man. Their conversation flowed easily, punctuated by bursts of laughter. Y/n reached out, her fingers brushing against the man's arm in a gesture that sent a jolt through Jimin. The man leaned in, his muffled words causing Y/n to blush a rosy pink. Then, the world tilted on its axis. The masked stranger planted a quick kiss on Y/n's cheek.

                                                        (imagine the guy has a mask on his face)

Months of stolen moments and whispered promises threatened to crumble under the weight of this single scene. Was this who Y/n had been seeing all along? Had their secret relationship been a lie?

The air seemed to suck out of Jimin's lungs. Months of stolen moments and whispered promises threatened to crumble. Panic clawed at his throat. He was oblivious to the concerned glances his bandmates were throwing his way as he mumbled a hurried excuse and practically bolted out of the restaurant.

Suddenly, her phone buzzed. It was a text from Jimin, his message cryptic and devoid of the usual warmth. "Hey. Something came up. So I'll not be home today."

That day , he didn't  return to their shared apartment...Jimin tossed and turned in a sterile hotel bed, the image of Y/n with the stranger seared into his mind. Sleep offered no solace.

The following day, at the studio, Tae, unable to contain his doubt any longer, cornered Jimin. "Hey, Jimin," he began hesitantly, "Have you noticed Y/n acting...different lately?"

Jimin's eyes flickered, a flicker of recognition passing through them. "Different how?" he asked, his voice strained.
 "Well," Taehyung scratched the back of his neck, "She's been acting kind of sus lately. And, uh, actually, I saw her with a stranger yesterday. He had a mask on, so I couldn't see his face, but they seemed pretty...close. I wanted to tell you, but I wasn't sure how."

Taehyung glanced at Jimin, sensing the tension radiating from him. "Hey, Jimin, you okay?"

Jimin forced a smile, though it didn't quite reach his eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Jimin, don't lie. You know you can share it with me, right?"

Taehyung crossed his arms, concern etched on his face. "Is it about Y/n?"

Jimin hesitated, unsure of how much to reveal. "Yeah, kind of. I also saw her... with someone today"

Taehyung's eyes widened in surprise. "Wait, you mean that masked guy?"

Jimin nodded, his jaw clenched. "Yeah, the same one. And it wasn't just a casual encounter. They seemed... close."

Taehyung's expression turned grave. "Damn, Jimin. Have you talked to her about it?"

Jimin shook his head. "No, not yet. I don't even know how to bring it up."

Taehyung placed a reassuring hand on Jimin's shoulder. "You need to talk to her, man. Communication is key in a relationship."

Jimin sighed heavily, feeling the weight of uncertainty pressing down on him. "I know, Tae. I just... I don't want to believe she's cheating on me."

Taehyung squeezed his shoulder sympathetically. "I get it, Jimin. But you won't know the truth until you confront her."

Jimin nodded, steeling himself for the difficult conversation ahead. "You're right, Tae. I'll talk to her tomorrow."

The night stretched on, filled with an uneasy silence between them as Jimin grappled with his conflicting emotions. The shadow of doubt loomed over him, casting a pall over their once blissful relationship. But Jimin knew he couldn't ignore it any longer. He needed answers, even if they shattered his heart.