CHAPTER 1 - The Death of Violet Potter

Attachment - Violet Cady Potter

Violet set her head on her arm, that was resting against the car window. Cars flew past the one she was in at a super-speed, and Violet's blue eyes darted between them.

She began to zone out, not hearing her mother's scream or the screeching of tires.

And it all went black.

Violet sat up, rubbing her head as she looked around.

She was out of her car, that was flipped, and her parents were still inside. But weirdly, she was still inside?

The girl stood shakily and walked over, kneeling in front of her car door. Somehow, she was in there, covered in blood and her eyes were lifeless.

Violet felt a pit in her stomach.

"Holy crap!" A man gasped, arriving at the car. He was clearly on the phone with 911, and he explained a crash. One that Violet had been in? "There's two adults - they're awake. But there's a little girl too...I think she's unconscious."

Before long, paramedics arrived and were pulling Violet and her family from the car. A paramedic was crouched beside her, checking her pulse.

"Nothing," the woman sighed. "Sir, do you know the time of the crash?"

"I think it was nine thirty four," the man replied softly.

The woman nodded and stood. "Time of death, nine thirty four."

"What!?" Violet's mother cried, "that's my little girl!"

"Mom!" Violet screamed, but nothing was audible. Tears fell down her face.

"I'm sorry ma'am," the paramedic said softly.

It hit her.

She was dead, and she was in a spirit form.

Violet averted her eyes back to the man who had called 911. He was pale, staring at the child's body on the ground. Tears were rolling down his face.

His eyes fluttered closed and he began mumbling under his breath. A prayer?

"I'd suggest you go home, sir," an officer told him. "I can get someone to drive you."

"I-I'll be fine," he assured the officer. "I've got someone at home I'll explain it to."

And he hopped into his car, Violet running after him.

He started driving to his place, Violet sitting in the passenger seat.

He kept telling himself it was his fault. It wasn't though, Violet had seen where her parents were driving!

As he drove, she remembered something people go through. Survivor's Guilt.

While yes, her parents would be blaming themselves, this man would be doing it the worst. In his thoughts, he had just killed her. He thought he just killed a girl. But he hadn't, and that was what was frustrating Violet.

They arrived and he went inside, calling for a 'Sam'. A blond appeared.

"Are you good, dude?" Sam asked, realising how pale the man seemed.

"No," he shook his head. "I was driving back, and this car was on the wrong side...before I knew it, they were flipped and I was staring at their car. It was a family. The parents survived, but their daughter's dead."

"Colby..." Sam breathed out. "Oh my god."

Violet took a breath. That story was bad.

And now she was dead.

April speaks:
Violet's story is depressing, dam-