CHAPTER 4 - Funeral Servive

Attachment - Violet Cady Potter

Violet ringed her hands. It was her first time wearing the thing she didn't die in, she was wearing a black dress to honour that she, Sam and Colby were going to her funeral.

When she heard the door open, she went down and exited with them, jumping into the backseat.

Here we go.

They arrived and each boy received a small piece of paper that had some more information about Violet on it, but she ignored it.

And the service began.

Lavender Potter stepped up to the front and recited Violet's eulogy.

"My name is Lavender Potter, I am Violet's mother.

"I'd like to thank everyone who came, especially those who flew from out of state. It means so much to me and Alexander, and I'm sure she would be shocked to see everyone. It also means a lot to see unfamiliar faces, thank you for coming to pay your tributes to my baby girl.

"Violet Cady Potter, or Via as we all knew her, went to heaven late last month.

"As a child, Via was always asking questions. The moment she could talk, she would ask. Sure, there was the babbles that I miss so much, but she was so curious and wondering.

"When she started school, the teachers would describe her as happy and full of laughter. She adored her peers and they adored her. She rose in likings among her fellow students.

"She was so loyal, and so smart. She would ace classes and always be so proud of herself. She was kind to everyone, and would protect the ones who needed it. She cared for everyone and anyone.

"She loved reading. I remember once, she had lost the book she was on and practically turned the house upside down, causing laughter from our family who was there.

"She also loved music. I would often walk into her acting out songs. It was always so funny for me, so embarrassing for her. But I found it adorable.

"Thank you for coming. And as Via would say: Always remember, you have within you..the strength to reach for the stars."

Violet watched as her mother walked off, and Maddie came up. She did a tribute!

"Hi, I'm Maddie James. I was Via's best friend, at least I hope that's what I was to her.

"I remember walking into the classroom, early grade three, at this new school for the first time. I saw a brunette girl with bright blue eyes sitting, laughing with    the someone.

"I was told to sit next to her. She introduced herself, Violet Potter. I told her my name and we got along instantly.

"I miss her everyday. I'm sorry you had to go, Viv. I miss you."

Tears filled Violet's eyes. This was her 'life' now, huh?

Colby and Sam went up to Violet's coffin, where her parents stood. Lavender's face showed confusion.

"Hi," Colby breathed. Sam held a bunch of flowers in his hand. "I'm Colby, I was in the other car."

Alex's eyes widened. "Oh."

"I just wanted to say I'm so sorry about Violet," Colby continued. "I read her obituary, she seemed like a great kid."

Violet touched his arm, staring at him. Being here was unreal.

Lavender smiled softly. "Thank you, it means a lot."

"I'm Sam, Colby's best friend," Sam explained. He gently laid the bouquet on Violet's coffin. "My condolences about your loss."

The Potters bowed their heads as the duo/trio left.

In the car, Violet burst into tears, accidentally releasing a mass amount of energy she had saved.

The boys heard her, and instantly knew it was Violet. Colby covered his mouth and Sam closed his eyes as they listened to her sob.

They couldn't comfort a spirit.

April speaks!:
I just read an old post of Colby's that I found...
god, there's a reason they're like my brothers!
He talked about how there was no one like us
and stuff like that. Thank you, Colby 🩵