04 | winning gleam

「 POV 」

"IT WAS NOT MY FAULT OKAY?" Zahra spats bitterly to James, the said man just raised his eyebrows at her

I could not help but laugh at their exchanges, it's fascinating to see calm and confident Zahra losing her cool in front of the goofy James.

"you sure it was not? c'mon Zahra everyone saw you threatening the man" Zahra let out a loud unlady-like snort. completely in disagreement of James.

"oh please, he was about to steal! I literally saw him trying to get his hands on mila's wallet!!" James and I exchanges looks.

I shook my head at her. "okay everyone let's not discuss about it anymore. what happened, happened. yeah?" Zahra let out a defeated sigh but eventually agreed.

"fine" she crossed her arms on her chest. I rubbed my hand on her arms that causes her to turn around and I wasted no time before hugging her.

she stood stiff for a moment before awkwardly patting my back. Zahra is not much in hugging but me? I like to give hugs.

"c'mon we should leave now" James let out a loud yawn, I glanced at Zahra and found her giving him a dirty look with a shook of her head.

"you are talking as if you are exhausted, you were literally sitting on that same spot that whole day" she raised her eyebrows at him.

what she said is completely true though, because of the incident that happened last, not many customers were here today. I just hope it does not stay like that.

last night is still fresh in my mind, as much as I tried the whole day to avoid what I saw and what I felt. I couldn't erase that memory. what's more concerning is that there was not something serious that I saw.

all I saw was a man —oh that man. getting in his car and leaving, but it still terrifies me for no reason. why does it even scares me in the first place? yeah I admit that it was strange hearing a scream and then the man coming out of the that spot and then the news of murder.

the man could be just someone right? I think I am just scared for no reason, the man could be innocent right?

I nod my head at myself, the hushed sound of James and Zahra speaking same to a halt when the bell hanging over the door chimes, indicating that someone has came.

but there is a closed sign hanging outside. weird.

I turned around to look at the intruder, and —w—what?.

my eyes comically widens, there is a man standing, no he is towering. he is tall, too tall, a head taller he he definitely is very tall.

he is dressed in black suit with a white button up shirt under the black jacket, my eyes travelled to his face and my eyes widens a little. again.