72.

MYRA

I wanted to cry in Mateo's arms for hours after he talked about it. Not only that, he cleaned me afterwards and applied more ointment between my legs to ease the ache. We lay in bed, curled up and kissing afterwards.

When I woke up next, he was gone. It made me frown, but I got dressed before stepping out of the small bedroom. Mateo and Hunter were both sitting together, discussing something important from the solemn looks on their faces. I didn't miss how their eyes lit up when they saw me.

"You're awake on time. We're about to land in half an hour," Hunter told me as I took a seat, feeling groggy from sleeping for who knows how long.

"How are you feeling?" Mateo asked, his eyes drinking me in with an insatiable hunger. Even though he fucked me a few hours ago, I still felt the need for him seep through my body. Heck, I needed both of them together again and soon.

"Fine," I croaked, fighting a yawn. Mateo nodded slowly before telling me, "It's going to be an hour's drive from the airport. We will go there, get those serves and get back on the plane. You can tell us if you feel tired anytime. We can change the plans,"

"I'll keep that in mind," I said before the two returned to discussing pack stuff together. As soon as we landed, we were back on the road. Mateo was driving this time while Hunter sat at the back with me.

Seeking the opportunity, I curled up against him and dozed off again while feeling the weight of his arm around me. He whispered sweet nothings to me whenever he noticed my eyes flutter open. I wanted to snuggle closer to him and cuddle with him like I used to back in the pack, but I had to make do with whatever I had.

After an hour of driving, we were finally at a similar old building where I kept my servers. Like last time, the brothers checked the surroundings first and ensured no one was waiting for us there with surprises. After everything was clear, I went inside the house to get my servers.

At first, I checked the security system, which looked pretty much untouched, giving me hope. Luckily, the servers were still here, and we got them in a moving truck to take them back to the airport.

However, I noticed another white paper with another code while taking them out. It looked very similar to the first one we found at Westbroke.

"They were here," I told the brothers, staring at the inked code. Instead of being binary, it was letters this time. I stared at it, memorising it and trying to see if there was some pattern. I also compared it with the other message, but nothing clicked.

When I showed it to the brothers, they took a picture of it and sent it to their cryptologist to look into it. We quickly wrapped everything up before checking everything and finally hitting the road again.

I kept thinking about the codes on our way back to the airport. Whoever was behind them knew about all my servers, making me more anxious. I had yet to look at the servers I got from here. Even though everything looked fine on the surface, I had my doubts. Whoever was there to leave the code must've done some messing around.

I would check the camera records on my defence system once we were back at the pack. I had a lot of work to do, which was the case with the brothers. I could sense their irk regarding the cases even if they didn't complain about it to me. If anything, this made me feel worse.

I needed to get to work soon, or else I was going to pull my hair out. However, I was nervous to look through my servers. What if my impersonator messed up something? What if these servers of mine were corrupted? I'd be in deep shit then. They had the remaining of my work in them, and if, somehow, I lost them, then that was the end for me.

"It'd be alright," Mateo assured me, sensing my stormy emotions through the bond. However, his words did nothing to help me. "What is it? What's bothering you?" He asked, his arms wrapped around me while we returned to the airport with my servers. This time, Hunter was the one driving.

"I feel nervous about checking the servers," I told him. "I refuse to believe they left these untouched,"

"Whatever happens, we'll find a way," Mateo assured me... or tried to. "You don't have to worry so much. We'll find out who's doing this. We have the codes. Whoever it is, they'll be paying a hefty price for playing this sick joke," He told me. There was an edge to his voice that was hard to miss. I could tell that he meant what he said, and for once, that sent a shiver down my spine. I caught a glimpse of his ruthless side, and that was terrifying enough.

We were back at the airport in no time. It took even less time to load my serves in the plane and take off. As soon as we were in the air, a wave of exhaustion hit me, and I went to sleep immediately. Hunter cuddled up with me this time, making me fall asleep sooner.

When I woke up the following day, Hunter was gone, making me groan again. I wanted to wake up with either of them. Having both of them would have been even better, but that wasn't possible. I was trying to be reasonable with my needs despite the bond that was getting more and more desperate to get me to mate with them.

When I stepped out of the bedroom in the morning, the brothers sat together like last time, discussing something in hushed voices. As soon as I looked at their faces, I instantly knew something was wrong. The two tried to act normal when they saw me, but it was too late.

"What is it?" I demanded when they tried to brush it off, even though I could sense their anguish through the bond.

"We were discussing the trial. Nothing more," Hunter tried to dismiss calmly, but I wasn't fooled so easily.

"Is that why you two seem nervous?" I jabbed, "I thought this was something meagre for you two," The two exchanged a look at my words, and I swear, I could've burst at that moment.

"I know something's wrong, and no matter how hard you two try, I'm going to find out either way," I threatened, and Hunter sighed deeply, already looking defeated. Meanwhile, Mateo rubbed his face, looking away for a few seconds to gather himself. "Tell me," I demanded.

"Well, let's just say your impersonator tried to fuck with the Mad Alpha, and it kinda backfired," Hunter tried to explain. Still, no matter how silly and uncomplicated he tried to make it sound, it was a grave situation, and now, I was royally fucked.

~

Who do you think this impersonator could be? 

Read the COMPLETE BOOK Patreon along with exclusive bonus scenes. Also on Patreon: Her Alpha Mates (alt story), A Pet for the Dragons and more exclusive stories.

Thanks for reading <3