xS2 Chapter 25 - A Day At A Hospital

Autumn, it's a season of change. The leaves go from green to all different types of red, kids who were celebrating the freeness of summer return to the monotony of school, and the weather begins to grow colder. One such place experiencing a ton of change is The Kennedy-Jenksin Medical Center, a hospital amid the bustling streets of Starlight City. While the outside of it looks antiquated with a black fence around the building and brick walls, the inside of the place is nothing but the best medical technology in the city.

And walking to the hospital is none other than Ronnie Everst. He's wearing a black denim jacket over a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and red Converse shoes. As he looks at it he can't help but recall the last time he was here; after being hit by a car he stayed here. That's when he found the former leader of the MSA and creator of the fighting tapes he watched; James Lewis. And now he's back to visit that very same man.

The reason?

When he tried to watch the 6th fighting tape, he realized it was broken. So what better way to learn about what the fighting tape was about than the main man who was in them?

As Ronnie makes his way to the entrance of the hospital, he spots a familiar face. One that begins to fill him with a sense of deja vu.

"X?" Ronnie asks.

Standing in the hospital's main entryway talking to a nurse is none other than Ronnie's upperclassmen and student council president; X Locke. He has white skin, messy blonde hair that covers his eyes, some facial hair growing, and his nails have black nail polish on them. X is wearing a light brown cardigan over a black turtleneck, some washed black cargo pants, and a pair of red Adidas shoes. X spots Ronnie and the two stare at each other.

"Ronnie?" X says as Ronnie walks over to him.

"What are you even doing here?" Ronnie questions.

"I'm here on a secret mission," X answers.

"That doesn't answer anything,' Ronnie groans.

"But it does help build up a mystery for the readers," X says.

"What readers?"

"....Anywho, what brings you here Ronnie?"

"I was trying to see if I could talk to James Lewis about something," Ronnie remarks.

"Oh, Mister Lewis?" The nurse who was standing there questions, "I can take you to him, he seemed to enjoy your presence."

Ronnie looks and sees that the nurse there is in pink scrubs and she's a Hispanic lady with long wavy black hair and a mole on her right cheek. As Ronnie looks at her, she realizes that she's the nurse that she saw the night he woke up. Though for some reason, there's something else about her that seems familiar.

"Thanks, Miss," Ronnie says.

"Just call me Camila," The nurse says.

That's when the pieces click in Ronnie's mind, "You wouldn't happen to have a nephew named Alex Smith?"

"Yes, how did you know?" Camila Sanchez asks as the three walk to Lewis' hospital room.

"We're actually friends," Ronnie laughs.

"Really?" Camila says, "Guess it really is a small world, huh?"

"Well that's one way of putting it," X adds as they reach James' hospital room.

After knocking on the door three times, Ronnie opens it and steps inside. In there is James Lewis. Somehow he looks even worse for wear than the first time he saw him; he's got a white hospital gown on, short yet disheveled black hair, white dried and wrinkly skin, tired gray eyes, a purple 'MSA' ring, and both of his have been legs amputated. Though when James sees Ronnie his eyes light up.