𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

VAMPIRE CENTRAL

SOMEHOW, THEY'D GONE FROM RESCUING BELLA (WHO TRIED TO KILL HERSELF) TO RESCUING EDWARD (WHO IS TRYING TO KILL HIMSELF) IN A MATTER OF MINUTES.

"This is like Romeo and Juliet, but way fucking worse, man."

After Alice's vision of Edward visiting the Volturi, asking to die, they corralled Bella into the car while Jacob was trying to convince her to stay. Augustine's eyes nearly bulged out of her head from the back seat when Jacob all but threw himself through Alice's window, begging. She was too busy holding in her laughter to notice the way he spared her a glance before Bella sent him on his way.

Only that was a few hours and three purchased plane tickets ago, and under any other circumstances, Augustine would've been thrilled to be in Italy. But as she was bundled up in a headscarf and sunglasses, with Alice speeding through the ancient streets of Volterra, the gravity of why they were here settled in the car like a dense fog.

She watched as hundreds of civilians were donning red cloaks; in fact, she didn't see a single person not wearing one. It made her glance down at her own outfit which consisted of a spare graphic tee and shorts that Bella gave her.

"Why are they all in red?" Bella asked tensely, hands at her head as her eyes glanced to the time on the dashboard.

"San Marco's Day festival," Alice supplied, honking the horn at the masses of people to try and get closer to the place she'd last seen Edward. "They're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city."

Augustine hissed awkwardly. "Don't think they did much expulsion, considering this is the Volturi's literal lair."

"Yes, but it's the perfect setting," Alice interjected, "they'll never let him reveal himself."

"We have five minutes!" Now Bella was absolutely panicking, and her own panic made Augustine's skyrocket, too.

Then, Alice suddenly pulled over, basically telling Bella to get a move on because Edward would hear their thoughts from a mile away. Only she could stop him, and once she did, the other two would follow.

"He'll be underneath the clock tower. Go!"

If only it had been that easy.

⋆☾ ゚。⋆

When Alice got the vision of Bella and Edward reuniting, she pulled the car right beside the clock tower and spun around in her seat. "Stay here, alright?"

Augustine gaped, sputtering out a, "I'm— I'm being benched again?"

"The Volturi are dangerous, August," she told her, squeezing her knee gently. "I'll be back soon."

With that, Alice was gone into the direction of the clock tower. Augustine groaned, but pulled herself into the passenger seat and combed through a sports magazine Alice had left in the glovebox— like she knew she was going to make Augustine stay put. You've gotta be kidding.

But the ravenette watched as the minutes rolled by, and Alice's simple be back soon was clearly a lie after the twenty minute mark of her departure was showcased on the dashboard clock.