𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

AN ODDITY, FOR SURE

THE REST OF THE FAMILY MET THEM BACK IN FORKS, AND SUDDENLY NEW YORK FELT LIKE A DISTANT DREAM.

Following the events in Volterra, the Cullens took it upon themselves to return because they had to. The first reason being that Victoria was still out there, actively hunting Bella as an act of revenge. And the other reason being that the Volturi were expecting Bella to be changed into a vampire, by the Cullens, soon.

That last reason was explained to Augustine on the plane ride home that thankfully went by with no complications. Just before Alec was sent to fetch her, Alice had to reveal that she saw a vision of Bella as a vampire in order to stop Aro from killing her. So, naturally, that was what the King was talking about when he urged them to make their preparations.

A family meeting was called, but not by one of the coven members; it was called by the Swan girl herself. She called the meeting in order to take a vote of whether or not the rest of the family wanted her to become a vampire or not.

So they voted, despite the fact that they all knew what the outcome would be regardless of the fact. If Aro wanted something done, that was it— case closed, Bella would turn with or without the resounding 'no's she had received from Rosalie and Edward.

Augustine had voted yes, wanting nothing more than to appease the human girl despite the fact that she, albeit secretly, wished someone had voted 'no' for her the night she had been turned. She wouldn't trade her new family nor the Denalis for the world, but the reason why she still couldn't shake some of the human traits she retained was because she wanted to be human once more — to go to college, to get a real driver's license, to have a family of her own. Though, now that was all impossible, a dream.

But vampirism was what Bella wanted, and she wouldn't dare try to sway her into thinking differently. And so it was set in stone, Bella would turn after she graduated at the end of the spring, and would officially join their coven.

Once she and Edward had left, the latter driving his human mate home after the gathering, all Augustine wanted to do was sit on her bed and draw.

Yet, the minute her pencil brushed the paper, it was like she was in a trance. The next thing she knew was a sketch of an achingly familiar face was staring up at her, a face she hadn't seen in months.

Of course, "damn you, Paul Lahote."

⋆☾ ゚。⋆

"You've got mail."

Augustine's head whipped towards her opened bedroom door, Rosalie standing there with a pristine envelope in her hand.

It was the day after their official return and three days before the Cullen kids were going to be enrolled back at the school since 'being abroad.' The ravenette was just taking things slowly, doing more drawing than ever in a new sketchbook Esme had recently given to her.

She held her hands outward, making Rosalie roll her eyes fondly before stepping into the girl's room. The blonde handed her the envelope, but didn't let go fully as she spoke. "You see that seal on the back?" Augustine flipped it over to reveal a blood red seal with some sort of emblem carved into the wax. When she nodded, the other vampire continued. "That's the Volturi seal."