𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

AND SO WE MEET AGAIN

"DEAR MISS AUGUSTINE,

I'm afraid I don't entirely know what you mean; tell me, what is this 'puzzles' you speak of?"

Augustine Cullen and Alec Volturi had been exchanging letters for the past week and a half, and had the ravenette fessed up and told the coven's patriarch about it yet? Nope.

Her internal reasoning was that she saw Alec as an opportunity to befriend someone of her own kind, on her own accord. She'd never take up the Volturi's offer, especially as she settled back into her day to day life in Forks, so she didn't seem the harm.

Plus, it was really entertaining educating Alec on the human things she still loved— hence their ongoing conversations about puzzles. Granted, she should've assumed that such governing vampires didn't have time to complete a puzzle or two, but on her latest trip to the post office she picked up a smaller one along the way and shipped it off to Italy.

"DEAR ALEC

I sent you a puzzle to do; it's Italian themed (aka it's just the leaning tower of pizza— is that how you spell it?)! Figured that was right up your alley."

Life was peaceful for a moment. Returning to the high school in the middle of the semester was not the most ideal thing in the world, but Augustine couldn't really complain. She hated doing the online stuff when they were in New York, so sitting in an actual classroom was thrilling.

And, on their first day back, an ecstatic looking Will Dilaurentis bounded over to her and nearly scooped her up off the floor as she stood in front of her locker. "Shit, teeny, would it have killed you to text me back?"

With a grimace on her face, she jumped into the story that she'd curated; her phone's data card hadn't been working when they were in Italy, so he shouldn't take it to heart that she didn't respond because she would've if she could've.

Surprisingly, he took it with a grain of salt and just bumped her shoulder with his. "No sweat," came his relaxed response, leaning back against the lockers beside hers. "Any cute Italian boys catch your eye?" His eyebrows started to suggestively wiggle.

She only shrugged, thinking of the only Italian boy she'd really met out there with a barely there grin. "Maybe."

⋆☾ ゚。⋆

The normalcy of the day was cut short whenever night fell and Alice received visions of Victoria prowling around on their territory.

But on that night, when the entire family was stood in the darkness of the forest, even Augustine could tell that they were extremely close to the treaty line. Victoria had usually picked one side or the other, taunting the Cullens or toying with the wolves, but now? Augustine had no idea what she was up to.

It was their entire coven, plus the wolves, versus the red-haired vampire; meaning, Augustine wasn't benched for the first time in her life. She would've been jumping up and down at the fact that they were involving her, but stomped it down to focus. This was serious, and she had to remind herself that Bella's life was at stake— again.