37

They arrived back at Robyn's apartment late Monday afternoon. They had enjoyed the break.  From holding hands while shopping in the markets, to chilling on the beach. Drinking and dancing together until the sun came up.

Just enjoying being with each other, not just making love although there had been lots of that. Being able to make memories, be a couple out in the open and kiss, hug and hold hands when they wanted.

"Ry" Robyn shook her head as the biker moved to kiss her, while handing a bag from the trunk.

"Shit" the brunette exhaled, "I forgot."

The teacher made a face, "two months babe."

Riley nodded and smiled. "I can't wait. It was the best time. I just want to be able to be with you, free. I love you Rob and I want you to feel that even if we're grocery shopping."

The teacher laughed, "want to fuck me in the dairy aisle? Bend me over a trolley and have your wicked way."

"Well there can't be many aisles I've not fucked." Riley laughed.

Robyn followed suit. Before reality kicked in. "I best get inside. Are you coming over later?"

"Yeah." The biker was disappointed.

"Can't go back in with luggage together."

"We came out with luggage together."

"I know but I stupidly wasn't thinking." Robyn grimaced. "I'm sorry."

"Nah, it's cool. I had better go check in with Pops anyway. He'll probably have noticed that I've been MIA for the last four days."

"I'll call you." Robyn said as she moved towards the entrance.

Riley walked away, they both turned at the same time and smiled at each other.

Robyn couldn't wait to see Victor as she rode up in the lift, she decided she'd drop her bag in and then chap her neighbor to get her cat back. She quickly entered her apartment, and started to head through to her bedroom to drop her luggage. "What the fuck?"

"Yeah I thought I'd pick him up for you." Sam smiled, "you really should be more careful about where you leave that spare key."

"Get out."

"Where's the girlfriend, did you fall out over the weekend?"

"None of your business. But if you don't leave now I'll call the police. This is breaking and entering."

"Hardly, you gave me a key." The ex smirked.

"Sam. You've got to accept that I don't want you. I'm happy, happier than I ever was with you."

Sam's face twitched. That hurt. "No you just think you are, honeymoon stage and all that. Marry me. That's what you wanted, you wanted me for life. I wasn't ready then but I am now, and there is no one but you for me. I mean you've really let your standards drop Robi. A lifeguard. Surely you're not happy with someone that doesn't have a profession."

The blonde was silenced. How did Sam know Riley worked at the pool? Even if she'd got the job wrong. "Sam, I don't want you. You don't have that hold over me anymore, I'm worth better than being lied to and cheated on. Even if I was single right now. I still wouldn't want you. Get out!"

Victor clawed at Sam and jumped off. Heading through to the sanctuary of the bedroom.

Sam stood up and walked over to Robyn placing an unwanted kiss on the blonde's cheek. "We'll see." She left the apartment.

Robynmoved to sit on the sofa and cried. She felt completely infringed from the violation of her flat and her body. She considered if that kiss constituted sexual assault. Not that she could do anything without exposing the whole sorry mess. Victor padded back through from the bedroom jumping up, he nuzzled his head against his human in a show of love. She ruffled his ears and cuddled into him while she let the tears fall. Why can't anything ever be easy? She answered her own question, "because I fell in love with a student."

She got a message from Riley about 9pm the noise and the vibration woke her. She knew sleep was her body's way of dealing with stress.

It was asking if she could come over. Robyn ws in a quandary, the one person who could make her feel better right now, was Riley but she knew it seemed more dangerous now than ever. She couldn't predict Sam. What if started following the biker or Ry lost her temper and did something stupid?

She called her partner.

The blonde took a deep breath before saying "Ry. You can't come over."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Sam." She noticed the biker shake her head. "She was in my flat when I got home. She'd been to collect Victor from the neighbor and everything. She knows that you work at the pool and she's obviously been watching me. When she knows where Victor was. She kissed me."

"She kissed you? I'm hoping, I guess that wasn't wanted."

"No it wasn't wanted." There was an edge to the teacher's tone.

"Sorry. Why didn't you report her?"

"Because then all of this would get out. I'm ready to leave my job with you after graduation, look for something else but I want it to be on my terms. And I actually like being a teacher most of the time. So I'd rather not get struck off."

"Okay, look I'm sorry. I'm not thinking. But I'd appreciate it if you could take that pissed off tone off your voice."

"Yeah sure, the place has been broken into, I've been sexually assaulted. And my girlfriend thinks I wanted to kiss my ex. But sure I'll take the tone off my voice."

"Look, Rob, I'm not fighting with you. I'm going to go because it's clear that you want to take your anger out on someone. I've had a shit evening too. My Dad was pissed at my disappearing act over the weekend. So I've had enough of being spoken to like crap." Riley hung up the call.

Robyn threw her phone down on the sofa. That was the most stupid fight ever. She called her partner back. It rang out. Great. She got up, fed the cat and went for a shower. Changing for bed. She lifted her phone from the living room. There was a missed call and a message from Riley.

She called the student.

"I'm sorry." The brunette said as she answered.

"No you have nothing to be sorry for. You were right I was taking my frustration out on you and I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry Ry. I'm just so tired of hiding. And I'm scared that we're almost there and it feels like it's all going to get messy. I don't want to fight with you either. And I wish you were here."

"Me too. It feels like we go round in circles, we get this amazing high then we end up back not being able to see each other. I wish I wasn't a student. That my Dad would have let me work and do the diploma but he has this notion that it's no good. That I have to do the high school thing. That's what my mom would have wanted. That's why he's so hard on me. He pretty much also thinks I'm a waste of space. He said as much tonight and because I missed work yesterday, that I'm not even contributing to society now."

"You know that's not true. You're a good person Ry. I'm not just saying that because I love you. You work, you try your best at school. Keep your nose clean, you contribute to school life through sports. You have made some friends. Amy's a good one. And you're kind like when you left the flowers for the neighbor. So don't be hard on yourself babe."

"Thanks. This is still shit though."

"Just give it the week. Then we'll see where we're at. She's got to give up sooner or later."

The couple talked until they fell asleep. The next week went through fast. Spring break was over and the last school semester was here. Seven weeks. Seven weeks until they could finally be free of Henry Blackwood high and be together.