• Twinkle In The Orbs •

•_______________•

_______________•

Wo hain k janay ko kharay hain
Dil hai k betha jaraha hai

_Jaun Elia_

•_______________•

The moonlight glimmered dazzlingly, shyly peeking through the thin muslin and sneaking into the well lit room that was buzzing with noise from the TV screen fixed in the wall that flashed an ongoing soccer game.

The mayun festivities had tired everyone, draining them completely with not an ounce of energy left in them, causing their figures to stay amidst the bounds of their rooms and rest, because tomorrow was going to be another tiring day and they had to deal with not only renewing and remodeling of the decor of whole haveli, but also receiving the guests that were scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
The clock rang two hours past midnight yet the figures present in the room stayed all awake.

Despite it being this late, sleep also stayed faraway from his dark eyes that twinkled dazzlingly as they peeked from between the disheveled strands falling over his forehead carelessly, indicating the times he had raked his fingers through his hair in anxiousness and restlessness.

The luscious curl of his lowered lashes swept upwards as he raked his lean fingers once again through his dark strands, pushing them away from his pale forehead smoothly.

A soft, deep sigh evaded his lips as he contemplated for few seconds, trying to fight the inner turmoil, somehow rein and steel his heart and come to a reasonable decision, but the nibbling only continued, escalating by each passing second making him finally give up as he stood up from the bed with not an ounce of reluctance marring his firm and collected demeanor.
The hand of his, with the sleeve of white kurta loosely folded till elbow, rose in air as he smoothly slid off the yellow chunri from around his neck and threw it on the bed, reaching the door in three long strides.

“Agar pakra gaya tou”?

The amused question laced with avid teasing echoed from behind making his footsteps pause as he sighed softly, remarking almost nonchalantly, reaching for the door handle,
“I'll be careful”.

“Beta pakra tou tu jaye ga aur iss dafa dada huzoor ki Kalashnikov say bhi nahi bach sakay ga”.
Basit mused again from behind,  grinning at his miserable state and restless frame.

Shahmeer took in a sharp inhale, trying to not give his idiot of a cousin any satisfaction of a response as he held onto the door knob but paused at the echo of the other voice,

“Tsk tsk, who knew our always serious and unbothered ASP would go to such extremes one day just to see his mehbooba”.

Biwi hai wo meri, gadhay”.
Shahmeer picked up the wooden decoration piece from the shelf and threw it towards Murtaza's frame who caught it easily with one hand before bursting into laughter.