Chapter Two- Fantasy Mates.

On the other side of town, there was a man running down the street— breathless —as if the Grim Reaper was chasing him with the intention to take his soul

On the other side of town, there was a man running down the street— breathless —as if the Grim Reaper was chasing him with the intention to take his soul. But there was no one following him in this case... He was just running late for work... so, so late.

He hated to be late for his new job, the same job he refused to join three months ago.

Lee Felix is a struggling college student with three jobs— You heard right. He has three jobs, and the sad thing is that they are not even enough for him to live a comfortable life.

Between the rent for his apartment, the bills, and his college tuition, the money is never enough.

He is barely meeting as it is, no matter how hard he works or how many extra hours of overtime he puts in. It was never enough.

"You should join me at Fantasy Mates," Felix's best friend said three months ago when they were eating ramen noodles, cuddled up on Felix's living room couch.

The room was being lighted with candles because— of course —Felix didn't have enough money to pay for his electric bill this month and they cut it off. He had now to wait for his next paycheck to get it paid and reinstated.

"Hell no," was the short, dismissive answer Felix gave him back. He himself has to be on the brink of death before he could even consider working there. And he is not about to die. He is slowly drowning but not dead yet.

Jeongin sighed, "But hyung. You have no electricity. You are up to the neck with debt almost drowning. I can assure you that you will be free of those bills by the end of the year,"

Felix is a very religious man. There is no chance in hell that he would do what Jeongin was doing.

It's not like he is not surviving, right?

He is okay.

Not everyone can afford to pay their bill on time, all the time, right?

He is barely scraping by with the money he is making but he is still alive, and he is thankful for it. He might not have a lot but his pantry is filled with those cups of instant noodles.

The same noodles he has started to hate because it is all he can afford to eat before he starves to death— Who can blame him? They are cheap and that is all he can afford at the moment.

"Anyway, having running water is more important than having the luxuries of electricity. I have candles, just like people did before electricity was invented," Felix says pointing at the single candle stick that was slowly burning in front of them.

Jeongin sighs, "Are these candles going to keep you warm tonight?"

"Not really, but I have blankets, lots of them," Felix quips back, trying to keep a positive mindset. But just thinking about it made the corner of his lips turn into a slight frown.