26.Lies, & Secrets Exposed

Diamond's POV: Roman was out of town on business. I had been running the company by myself all week. It was really stressful but thank God for Josh. He helped me out alot. Juliette has been really kicking and moving around lately, sometimes it gets a little irritating but I love her already.

One morning I was in my office working and I felt a little weird. I wasn't prepared for what was about to happen. Our receptionist, Alicia came into my office.

Alicia: Mrs. Peters?

Me: yes ma'am, how can I help you?

Alicia: there's a detective Moore here to see you, he says it's urgent.

My heart dropped, I knew this day would come when I would have to face this music, The sins of my husband.

Me: umm, okay let him in please.

He walked in my office.

Me: hello, I'm Diamond Peters, please sit down. Can I get you a drink or something?

Detective Moore: Detective Moore, no thanks I'm fine.

I looked at him.

Me: how can I help you sir?

Detective Moore: I'm looking for your husband, Roman Peters. Where is he?

I felt sick.

Me: um, he's out of town on business, he should be back late tonight or early tommorow.

Detective Moore: what kind of business?

Me: um, he had a meeting with the board of directors.

He smiled. He had a folder. He pulled out a picture and showed it to me.

Detective Moore: this is Julio Martinez, have you seen him before?

Me: yes, yes I have.

Detective Moore: his sister says he has been missing for about 3 months. She said the last time she saw him, he told her that he was attending Roman's company banquet and he hasn't been seen or heard from since. There were also reports of heavy gunfire at the banquet hall that night. Sounds familiar?

I felt so sick.

Me: I did attend the banquet with my husband, but I don't remember seeing Julio there. I left the banquet early because I'm pregnant, which I think is pretty obvious and I wasn't feeling well. So I don't know anything about any gunfire.

Detective Moore: it's funny you should say that, there is a lady Amanda Reynolds, she said she saw you talking to Julio that night. Is she lying ?

I laughed but deep down I felt like crying but I held it together.

Me: Amanda Reynolds? She is my husband's ex lover. She is jealous and upset because Roman fell in love with me, married me & had children with me. He never loved her, she was a easy fuck. So I'm not surprised that she would make up false allegations. She is lying. I don't remember seeing Julio at the banquet.

Truth be told ,I was lying.

Detective Moore: well why would he tell his sister that he was going there if he wasn't?

Me: I have no clue sir, why would he come anyways? I'm sure during all of your digging and investigating, you found out that him and my husband were enemies. Right?

Detective Moore: yes, I did. I also found out that your husband sold him drugs but the last time he shorted him on a buy and Julio wasn't to happy about that. Did you know that your husband dealt drugs, Mrs Peters?

Me: my husband doesn't deal drugs.

Detective Moore: are you sure about that?

Me: positive.