3.11

December 25th 2019

On Christmas morning a few days later we are all piled into the living room, colorful wrapping paper everywhere. Olympia went first and when she saw the riding pony she immediately wanted to play with it, all her other presents forgotten. As she zoomed around the house on it the rest of us opened our gifts from each other.

I got Yelena a new vest and a matching one for Olympia, Wanda got a framed photo with all of us and a gift certificate for two to a couples retreat and for Pietro a new pair of sneakers.

He holds them up, "they are so light."

"They're made of vibranium," I tell him. "The strongest substance on earth so they'll never fall apart on you."

"Thank you!" He puts them on and wiggles his feet, "I love them!"

Wanda hands out small boxes to us, "this is from me."

Opening them we each find a small colorful string bracelet. "It's beautiful Wanda," I tell her as I take it out of the box.

"The different colors are for each of us," she explains. "Silver for Pietro, red for me, blue for Yelena, green for you and yellow for Olympia."

"Blue?"

"Green?" Yelena and I ask at the same time.

"Your eye color. Olympia picked out hers."

Tying it onto my wrist I admire it some more, "it truly is beautiful Wanda, thank you."

She blushes slightly and pulls her sleeve up revealing her own bracelet, "now when we are apart we will always be together. I made one for Olympia too, it's in her stocking."

"My turn!" Yelena says excitedly as she hands each of us a plastic grocery sack.

Opening it I pull out a box, "Yelena, what is this?"

"A tracker!" She says proudly.

Wanda and Pietro each hold up their own boxes, "why do we need trackers?" Wanda asks.

"Do you remember that time at the store when we got separated and they had to call you over the intercom to come get me? Well if we had the trackers then I could have found you. They have these really cool apps that you can put on your phone and we can see where everyone is," she explains excitedly.

"Practical," Pietro says sarcastically.

"I know right?" Yelena gushes, "we can set them up tonight."

"Sure we can," I tell her as I set the box aside.

"Ok ok my turn," Pietro says as he gets up and goes to the kitchen. He comes back moments later with a brightly wrapped box for each of us. Inside is an assortment of cookies and sweets that he made.

"Hello breakfast," Yelena says as she shoves a cookie in her mouth.

"Save room, Tony organized a lunch for us at the compound today," I remind her.

She makes a face, "how could I forget about your fancy friend and his fancy food?"

"I made sure that he would have a Mac and cheese bar."

"With hot sauce?"

"Of course."

She crosses her arms, "fine I will try and be nice to your fancy friend."

"Thank you little sister." A crash and cry came from the other side of the house and all of us spring up and follow the crying, right to Olympia who was on the floor with the pony laying on her. Yelena pulls the pony off of her and I pick her up, cuddling her close. "What happened love?"