4.11

Natasha

Two days later I'm standing at the top of a grand staircase looking down at the ballroom as a guard announces us. "Announcing General Cadanar and her wife Natasha Romanoff!"

Several heads turn to us as we walk down the grand staircase. Looking out over the crowd, I'm surprised my team and Yelena off to themselves in a corner. When I mention it to Marzda she nods, "I invited them."

"You did?" I ask as we get to the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah I felt bad that Ive been keeping you from them these past few weeks," she explains as we weave through the people. "And with the battle in less than a week I figured we all needed to blow off steam."

"Announcing Keema Cadanar and her Bond Valkyrie!" The guard yells.

Startled, I look back towards the stairs where Valkyrie was leading a beaming Keema down the steps. "When did that happen?" I ask Marzda.

"Keema has known for a while but I think she only told Valkyrie a few days ago," Marzda tells me. "She was.. surprised, to say the least but she's started to embrace it."

"Announcing Wanda and Pietro Maximoff!"

"Damn," I mutter when I see them.

To say that they look stunning would be putting it mildly. Wanda was wearing a dress much like mine but in a shade that matched her hair, and instead of black gloves and scarf, hers were white. Her hair was curlier than usual and hung loose around her face.

Pietro was in a matching red suit, his shoes I'd gotten him for Christmas standing out against the color. And while his hair was still silver, it was slicked back and had been, for the moment, tamed.

He leads Wanda carefully down the steps, his eyes never leaving her, his face clearly showing his love and adoration. "They look happy," I muse. I catch a glimpse of Marzda smiling from the corner of my eye and turn to her, "what?"

She shakes her head slightly and says, "I'll let them tell you."

We stay where we are and wait for them, giving them hugs when they finally find us. "You look beautiful," I tell Wanda. "And you," I say turning to Pietro, "I didn't know you could clean up so well."

He looks at Wanda, "anything for her."

Wanda smiles at him before telling me, "we have decided to stay here on Asgard. Marzda has already given us a house and we've been doing a lot of work at the orphanage these past weeks." She looks back at Pietro, "this is the place for us."

He nods, "we went out the other day and held hands in public and nobody looked at us weirdly."

I put a hand on each of their arms, "I'm happy for you guys. You deserve to be happy."

Before either of them can answer, a voice behind us says, "no fair! You all found dates and I had to come with Banner!" We turn to find Yelena stalking towards us, her green suit shimmering in the light. She looks the twins over and says, "it's about damn time."

"You knew?" Wanda asks.

"For a mind reader you sure are clueless," Yelena retorts. "I'm a super spy remember?"

"Thank god!" Another voice says. "Marzda take your sister back," Valkyrie says heatedly as she shoulders her way towards us.

Marzda laughs and shakes her head, "she's your problem now Val." She looks around and frowns, "where'd you leave her?"

Valkyrie's face turns red, "I may have told her to meet me on the balcony. Ten minutes ago."

"Val!" Marzda exclaims. "Go get her!"