𝟐𝟖. ( overthinking. )

IT HAD OFFICIALLY BEEN three months since school started again

IT HAD OFFICIALLY BEEN three months since school started again. It had been three months since summer ended. It had been three months since Jake and Isabel last saw one another — and it was safe to that they missed each other a lot.

Their usual four hours video calls had extended to all night calls, with them watching movies together, talking about every little thing that happened, and then falling asleep on call with one another (Jake now having a folder of screenshots of Issy from their many FaceTimes.)

"I miss you, Issy..." Jake sighed out, blinking at the girl across the screen from him, who was laying wrapped in her many blankets on her bed; her fairy lights that were hung in her room providing light for Jake to be able to see her.

"I miss you more, Jake," Isabel sadly replied, looking at the boy with saddened eyes. She didn't know a long distant relationship could be this hard. She expected them to of course miss one another, yet she wasn't expecting the craving she felt for him to become almost painful. "When are you coming back?"

"I'm not sure..." Jake hesitantly began, his eyes looking away from the screen and up at the ceiling of his room. "I don't think I'm going to be able to come back for Winter break. My professor is a dick and says I have loads to catch up on."

Instantly, Isabel felt her heart crack at the information and her stomach churn. Was he serious? The only long enough breaks Jake's college had was for summer and winter, and if he wasn't returning for the last one, then that would mean she wouldn't see him until next year and she wasn't sure if she could do that.

"Oh..." She quietly said, her tone losing its usual spark and making Jake furrow his brows slightly.

"Don't worry though, Isabel, we'll always see each other next summer..." He tried to lighten the mood, however it wasn't working and he could see that.

The Park girl laid on her bed with many thoughts running through her mind. Hadn't Jake tried to persuade his professor? Did he even want to see her?

"Hey, Jake," She began, sitting up and leaning on her arm to look at him through her phone. "I'm gonna go, I have a lot of homework to do and the deadline is tomorrow." She explained and all Jake could do was nod his head, parting his lips to say something, though before he could, Issy stopped him.

"Goodnight, Jake." Was the last thing she said before hanging up the call; her shoulders feeling as heavy as ever.

She'd lied — partially. Of course she had homework to complete, it'd be weird if she didn't, but the deadline wasn't until next week. She just needed an excuse to stop talking to Jake because she could feel her throat begin to tighten and her breathing start to quicken.

She loved Jake Sim, she really did, however she hated the long distance. She hated having to speak to the boy through a phone. She hated not being able to see him after school — or even have him pick her up from the long, torturous building. She hated not being able to kiss him or touch him. She hated everything about the situation.