008. we are never getting back together

chapter eight.
we are never getting back together
heat waves.

As many people did, Leila had a handful of regrets in her almost eighteen years of life

As many people did, Leila had a handful of regrets in her almost eighteen years of life. But right now, she could name her top three and her first was drinking all the mixed drinks that Xavier had in his cup which gave her the tipsy courage to drink the rest of the cups that belonged to the other three people playing cup pong.

She couldn't even name what was in the cup but she was thankful that it would take a while to reach her system because as the loser of the cup pong game, she had to sing karaoke with Xavier in front of half the house that was either outside watching the intense game or lounging around the living room.

Everyone followed the two into the living room from outside as the boys conversed in private about what song they wanted them to sing. Thanks to the liquid courage, Leila did not feel nervous. It wasn't much of a hobby but she had a little bit more than a decent singing voice and while that was good in any setting, it was a rule that you were not supposed to sound good during karaoke at a house party. Jeremiah and Cameron proved that all too well.

"Alright surf queen, we know how much of a swiftie you've claimed to be in interviews so we decided to be nice and make you sing one of the easiest songs" One of the boys announced to the crowded living room.

Leila and Xavier shared a look as they waited for the song to load on the projector on the wall. The instrumental version of "We Are Never Getting Back Together" played on the big screen and the volume was turned up to max volume.

"For someone who was talking a lot of shit, you sure got lucky" Iris claimed moving from behind them to record at the other side of the room.

"You were encouraging it!" Leila yelled halfway into the microphone forgetting that she had it so she moved it away, only apologizing to the crowd in her head.

"And now I'm no longer encouraging it, bring out those vocals Ms.Vader!"

"Let's go, Lei" Steven hollered out loud, standing on top of the couch as if it was his house.

Xavier offered Leila whatever was in his cup and she didn't care to ask what he mixed this time. After taking a sip, she realized that it was mainly juice mixed in which was fine for her considering she knew she had already drunk too much.

Jeremiah moved over to the karaoke box to make sure that it was turned all the way up because tipsy him thought it sounded low. He moved out of the way just in time for the first verse of the song starting.

"I remember when we broke up the first time. Saying this is it, I've had enough cause like we hadn't seen each other in a month. When you said you needed space" Leila sang loudly into the microphone moving it over to the crowd so they could sing the ad-libs for her.

"What!" Everyone in the room screamed.

Xavier took his turn, "Then you come around again and say baby I miss you and I swear I'm gonna change, trust me. Remember how that lasted for a day? I say I hate you, we break up, you call me, I love you."