Chapter 4

First of all, I want to say that I did not even remember that I've ever written that story and just read it again and it's like one of the most weirdest thing I've ever written but Keyes hit ignore that. I hope this one won't be as bad, no idea what to write tho Ngl. Have fun with this story ig 👍 and please don't judge the earlier parts of this story (or the future parts) too harsh bc it's already almost a year ago that I've last written a chapter in this story.
_____________________________________________
*Timeskip to after the worst pain I could have ever imagined (because I'm wayyyyy too lazy to write the torture rn sorry)*

I curled up in the corner of the cell that I was practically thrown into. I was trembling, panting and could barely move without feeling excruciating pain in every single part of my body. I managed to sit up against the cold wall, leaning my head back against the wall and just trying to breathe though it felt hard to, surely my ribs were at least bruised if not broken.

I spot The winter soldier eyeing me from the other side of the cell. Wait, we're in the same cell? I wasn't sure if to feel scared or to just pretend he's not there, though that would be hard judged by feeling his eyes constantly on me with an almost... concerned? Look. No, it couldn't be, he would never be concerned or even anything remarkably close to that. "What you staring at?" I asked, surprised by my own attitude myself. My voice was uncomfortably hoarse and my throat was scratching from all the screaming. "I heard you screaming" he answer gruffly and his voice coated with a string Russian accent. I just stared at him for a few seconds, dumbfounded that he even answered, I certainly hadn't expected him to ever actually acknowledge my existence. I cleared my throat and gathered my composure back "what about it? Screaming's nothing new here, now, is it?" I ask grimly. He sighed annoyed and stood up and took a few steps closer to me "what are you doing?" I asked and tried to hide the slight tremble in my voice, though failed miserably, it's scary to have his massive figure and dark eyes with that 1000 yard stare make his way over to one. He didn't answer and just came closer and crouched down in front of me. I reflexively backed up further into the corner though that was barely possible, barely any space left between me and the wall. "Come on, 'm not gonna hurt you" he said quietly and with a note of a soothing tone in his voice wich I never expected to ever hear again, not from him, not from anyone. "Let me take a look at you" he grumbled as he tucked my arm not too gently towards him, making me hiss in pain quietly. He turned my arm and pulled my sleeve up to reveal the deep gash pulling from my hand up to my elbow, definitely the worst that was bleeding, mostly some deeper scratches and pretty bad bruises but more cracked bones than bleedings. He stared at my arm for a moment before his eyes roamed the cell until he spotted a dirty cloth. He dropped my arm and walked over to the cloth, picked it up and got back over to me and crouched down again. He wiped the cloth on the wall in hopes of at least cleaning it at least a bit. It didn't really change anything but I didn't say anything, simply grateful that he even found it so I wouldn't bleed out. He wrapped the cloth tightly around my arm, making me wince slightly in pain. He mustered my face a few times while he did so, eyeing my paleness carefully.

He got back up after a while of just watching me as if searching my eyes of what he could do. He got back up again without a single word. I nodded shortly In acknowledgment and he sank into a corner, not his usual one opposite of me, but the on closer to me. Somehow, I felt more comfort than fear or unease that I was used to feeling when with him. I pulled my knees to my chest and grimaced slightly in pain but put my chin on my knees and wrapped my arms around my shins to make myself as comfortable as possible, wich isn't really comfortable to be honest. The winter soldier pretended not to care but I could see him mustering me with a different look in his eyes. "Get some sleep" he grumbled and i pretended to not be stunned by his gentleness of all his words today. It had gotten chilly recently, must be at least autumn if not winter by now. It didn't take me long to fall asleep, a few times of my eyes closing and opening for a few seconds and I was out, deep asleep.

I awoke in what must be the middle of the night, told by the winter soldier asleep. I uncurled with a quiet wince and rubbed my eyes groggily. My whole body hurt even worse than yesterday wich I wo dint have thought as possible. I tried to go back to sleep several times but didn't manage to. I thought about waking the winter soldier up but knew I shouldn't. It might be weird, but after him being so different, so... kind to me yesterday, I didn't feel so alone, I felt like I could trust at least someone. But no, I shouldn't wake him, he would just be frightened and lash out, I definitely didn't want that after seeing him fight so brutally. I rubbed my arms to keep myself warm. After what felt like hours, I attempted to sleep again, just as I had expected, it didn't work, I turned to just zoning out to escape to better places. It was as surprisingly calming as I closed my eyes and drifted off to another world of my imagination.

——————————————————————
Hello, I think that's it for now, no idea what to write but yeah. I hope ur all having a good time existing :)
Sorry for being absent for so long (tho I don't assume many people read this)
I would be very happy if someone could give any inspiration or ideas for the next chapter or for the title :)

~scented candles or normal candles?

~remember to drink and eat AND SLEEP today

~some feedback (as long as not insulting) would be appreciated

~words: 1132

~sorry for any misspelling or if this all DOENST make any sense, it's 01:19 am and it's not proofread or something, thank you, bye <3

~Emma