Chapter 389

At the end of the school day Catnap walked out quickly but slowed down as the other critters came out laughing and smiling with each other. His ear twitches as he catches what they're saying "what do you think we should do now?" Bubba asks as Picky speaks up "I think we should check on the mini critters soon" as she said this the other critters all agree "hey" Hoppy says "where's Dogday?" as they ask this the other critters look around but Bitty Kitty speaks up "he's waiting for Miss Delight, he'll be going with her to Home Sweet Home tonight, and I think that he may stay there for whole night" as she said this the other critters all nod. "So maybe tomorrow we can check on the mini critters?" Crafty asks as they all agree. Catnap looked towards them all but they all walked past him, none even looking at him. He looked back at the school and Miss Delight walked out with all the kids following her toward Home Sweet Home, Dogday was at the end of the line holding the hand of a little kid... the same kid Catnap had attacked at recess, his heart hurt as the kid seemed to cower behind Dogday, Dogday looked over at Catnap and didn't say a word as he walked past with the kid still avoiding looking at Catnap. The purple feline felt so alone standing there as everyone went into their own houses and buildings, and he didn't know where to go, so he went home. "Killy, I'm back" he speaks out when he enters his cat condo, but he doesn't get a response so he just sighs as he lays on his bed. His eyes wander towards a small bookcase and the picture books on the shelf. He frowns as he walks over to the case and begins to find a good photo album to look through he chooses the one with the cover photo of him and all the critters Bobby Bearhug was hugging Bubba, Bubba was smiling up at her while Craftycorn was hugging Dogday, Dogday was hugging Crafty back, that was before Crafty became obsessed with him, but he always saw her as his friend, Catnap was kind of hidden behind Kickin Chicken and Hoppy Hopscotch, the chicken was giving Hoppy a wet willy as the green rabbit was laughing and trying to avoid it, and Picky was just laughing in the back. Catnap smiled and opened the photo album, the first picture he was looking at was a picture of Dogday's house, it was a good memory because one of the scientists accidentally lit Dogday's house on fire by putting a gas stove inside and keeping it on, they accidentally filled the house with gas and lit a cigarette but the house was burning so fast Dogday was nearly burnt but managed to escape unlike the dumb scientist who burnt alive in the house. Catnap allowed Dogday to stay with him after that until his house was rebuilt.