The calm before the storm

Silence. Aurora house was always in silence. There was never any laughter, any voices talking over each other. The silence was almost deafening. All she could hear was the sound of her own breathing and tv static.

Aurora yearned for siblings. Someone to grow up with and have someone to talk to no matter what happens. Even if most of the talking was fighting Aurora would've wanted that more than what she has now.

All she had was a mother who barely even talked to her.

It wasn't always like that though. When she was a kid Aurora used to always try and talk to her mom about how what she saw. But her mom would normally go silent for a moment and then laugh it off and tell her that it was fine and she just had a good imagination.

However on the off chance that she felt like caring, they would draw what their fears and then tear it to shreds.

It was a way of showing that you were stronger than your fears and that they couldn't hurt you anymore.

But now, they would pass each other without saying anything. It was like they were living in two different houses. Aurora felt completely and utterly alone. All she wished for was to have someone to talk to without making her feel insane.

But instead she had nobody to confide in, she just had to bear her burdensome thoughts on her own.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Beep. Beep. Beep

ughhh. alarm. Every time her alarm went off Aurora regretted making it. It's not that Aurora hated mornings, she actually really liked them. It's just that she dreaded going to school everyday. Nevertheless she had to get up and get ready.

Trudging out of her bed, Aurora felt the cool air on her arms causing goosebumps. "Why does it always have to be so cold in the this house" Aurora said to herself

Walking towards the thermostat her mouth dropped when she saw the temperature. 65?! God damn. Putting the temperature back up to 70 degrees, she then walked to the kitchen to get breakfast.

As yesterday, the fridge and cabinet were practically empty. Only having some stale bread, eggs, corn flakes, and a few other things. Getting the corn flakes and milk out, she made herself a bowl of cereal.

Eating alone was a common thing for Aurora, her mom usually being off to work in the mornings before she even woke up. All she had was her cat, who was currently sleeping so...never mind.

After finishing her breakfast Aurora quickly got ready. She always liked getting to school early, it was a way to avoid the noise and all the people. Which didn't help her not having friends problem, but convinced herself it was ok. It was all ok.

She brushed her teeth and then washed her face, it helped wake her up. She then picked up some jeans and a blondie t-shirt.

Walking to the door she put on her converse and took her headphones, then walked out into the world.

Aurora loved mornings. She loved the peace of it, she loved the light and warmth the sun would give off. And she loved the pink hue the sun gave the sky when it was still rising. It was safe to say Aurora loved to be in the sun. It felt familiar to her, like she was connected to it.

Walking out in the sun was one of the few things that gave her comfort. It was why she walked to school everyday. Also because her mom never drove her and she lived too close for a bus. But still!

Seeing the school building made all of Auroras happy thoughts basically vanish into thin air. She hated school, not just because she wasn't good at it, but also because she had no one to get through  the day with.

Making her way to her spot under the tree to wait for class to start she pulled out the homework she was supposed to do last night but never did. It was a habit at this point. Sometimes Aurora would wake up earlier to get her work done under the tree.

She didn't know what it was but she felt like she was more productive under the tree. It was really dumb but I mean hey it worked.

⋆☀︎。⋆☀︎。⋆☀︎。⋆☀︎。

Aurora hated math, she also hated her math teacher.

She swore that she was a monster who hated children and liked to watch them suffer. Because what sane person decides to make a test the day before spring break? None, but sadly for her, her math teacher was insane.

Math made Aurora want to rip her hair out. I mean what the hell was geometry, and why did she have to know the circumference of a cylinder.

After that test Aurora did not feel confident in keeping her c. Great, now she would be failing another class!

She walked out of that class and all she wanted to do was go home. However she had 4 classes left, so she had to power through.

The halls of school were a nightmare. It was always too loud and confined. With too many people walking and in opposite directions.

Coincidentally she had science next, yet another was one of least favorite classes. So, obviously she was in no hurry to get there.

While she was navigating through the halls, Aurora would hear a short snippet of people's conversations over the sound of her music. Always leaving her confused as to what they were actually talking about.

She tried to not pay them much mind and just focused on not being late to science.

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Finally. She was done with school and was now on her break. Not that she ever did anything, but she was just glad to not be in school.

Since it was a nice day out Aurora decided to go to the park by her and just enjoy the fresh air.

With the breeze coming from the lake, the warmth from the sun, the sweet sound of "There she goes" by the La's playing in her ear. Not worrying about school and her grades and just writing and drawing whatever she wanted.

Aurora Hart was finally at peace.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
authors note!
ughh this chapter took so long, writers block is hitting hard rn
ik these last chapters have been pretty boring and not much has happened but i needed to build up the next chapter will finally dive into the actual story and should hopefully be up by tmrw if i have enough inspo!