Confusion

She just had one tiny problem she didn't know how this was going to work. She had never fought a monster before. I mean she had her fair share of fights back when she was younger but that stopped once she realized fighting wasn't worth it.

But now it was worth it. It was a life or death scenario, she had to at least try to make it out.

So, she did the only thing she could think of and bit down on the giants hand. The giant let out a growl, however he had slightly loosened the grip he had on her.

Aurora didn't even think before she wiggled her way out of the hand. It was only when she started to fall she realized that it wasn't the best idea.

Fuckkk. She thought as she hit the ground, she was so sure that she twisted her ankle. But that didn't matter right she knew she had to get out of there, and fast.

So she did all that she knew and she ran. She ran for her life. Until a piercing scream ran through her mind. Her mom. Oh my god, her mom, how could she forget her mom. I guess with all the thoughts of just making it out she forgot the only person she had.

Sure, her and her mom didn't have the best relationship. But that didn't stop her from being Aurora's mother and that didn't stop Aurora from loving her. No matter how strained their relationship might be Aurora would forever love her mother. She just couldn't help it.

Looking back she saw the same sight that had haunted her dreams those nights ago. Her mom being eaten, or at least the giant trying to get in the car. It didn't look like he did damage on her yet.

Aurora knew she had to stop it, at the very least bring the attention back on her so her mom could escape. Looking at her surroundings there was practically nothing that could help her with her dilemma.

Then she saw a rock. A sharp pointy rock. Picking it up, Aurora knew this wouldn't do that much damage on the giant, but it would do what she wanted. Distract him and bring the attention back in her.

So she thought fuck it. And then she chucked the rock as hard as she could at the ogre looking giant.

Bam. It hit the giant smack dab in the face.

Roaring with rage the giant turned to look at her and started to move towards Aurora. She knew that was her queue to start running.

And she ran. She ran faster than she had ever gone before. She had to, this was life or death I mean. Pretty high stakes.

With the loud thumps behind her Aurora almost fell over with the vibrations, steadying herself she kept running.

Aurora didn't know how long she was running for, but it felt like hours. Maybe that was just because she couldn't feel her legs. Or maybe it was the fact the sun was slowly peaking over the horizon.

She didn't know if the giant was still following her. I mean she couldn't hear anything, but to be safe she kept running. That was until a savior same to her. A ditch. A ditch where she could lay in until she had the strength to go back and get help.

See what happened to her mom. If it was even real this time. It certainly felt realer than the dream, but how could Aurora be sure. The only proof she would get to know for sure was her mom.