The storm

Heading back home after being at the park for hours was something that depleted Auroras mood entirely.

Knowing that she would have to go back to her house The drastic change of being in the warm sun for hours, to being in the cold atmosphere of her home.

Opening the door she was hit with the sight of her mother. "Where were you? I got home like an hour ago".

"Oh, sorry I was out at the park doing some school work that they assigned over break". Total lie but it's not like her mom would know that. Besides at least this way she would think Aurora was being productive this way. Instead of wasting her time with just sitting around.

"Ok well you have to pack, remember? We're going to your aunts house for break and I told her we would be there by tomorrow"

Oh fuck. Aurora forgot about that. Every spring break she and her mom would go to her aunts house. It was probably gonna be the worst part of her break.

It's not that Aurora didn't love her aunt, but it was just another family member that she wasn't close to. Aurora really wasn't close to anyone in her family. She didn't know why, she was just never accepted into her mom's family. It's like she was always trying to go for a spot that would never open up.

The fact her mom was always so much happier when she was with literally anyone else other than Aurora didn't help. She just seemed to be a burden to her. Something that could only offer her hardship and pain.

Maybe everything she thought about herself was true, her love was only to be used as a poison in this world. Her love would eat everyone up from the inside out before they can even realize it. And her mother was aware of that, as was everyone else. That's why they distanced themselves from her.

They destroyed her heart before she could destroy theirs.

And that hurt. Knowing that Aurora was never given a chance. A chance to show that she can love without it affecting the other person. That she was capable of being loved and accepted.

Snapping out of her thoughts to respond to her mom she said. "Mhm yeah I was just gonna start packing"

And just like that their conversation was done. Cut short. Like all the others they had.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Packing was one of Aurora least favorite things to do. She would always overthink what to pack and how much she should. So she would end up with too many shirts and too little pants.

   She would also always forget something. Whether that be something small like her toothpaste. Or something big like her headphones.

The last time that happened on a trip she wanted to kill herself. She couldn't survive without her music.

  Thankfully this trip was supposed to be short, only being a few days. So with that in mind, Aurora only packed the necessities. Such as some  clothes and some backups just incase something happened.

Her toothbrush, headphones, her phone, and she couldn't forget her notebook. She would guard that notebook with her life. It held poems, art, and every single thought she didn't tell anyone.