Chapter Two|Preparation For The awakening II

'Deborah dear, how have you been?'
"Mom?! Why did you leave me? I didn't get a chance to say goodbye"

'You will know very soon my love, the preparation is almost complete.'

.........................................................................

'Deborah! Debbie! Wake up"
The rather faint calling grew louder. My eyes opened slowly struggling to resist the brightness of an unknown light source. "You're finally awake", Michael said in worry. I didn't understand the situation I was in, my glasses were missing. It felt unreal, it felt too... horrifying.
What am I seeing right now. Miss Kelliway is bitten into two by a beast covered in dark fur, no... that isn't fur. It's some kind of mist. Wait miss Kelliway is... Dead!
I screamed in shock. "Where are we, is this the rift we fell into?!"
"Calm down Debbie, we'll get out here. The association will send someone soon"
Michael was holding up a ball of flame in his hands although the colour is kinda green, I guess that's his power. He then handed my glasses to me. He had picked it up from the floor. The scene around me became more vivid as I put my glasses on. We were in some kind of cave hallway lit up with torches on the pillars and the once beautiful store was now a pile of debris and walls. Luckily some of the products inside were undamaged. Dead bodies were littered everywhere.
The survivors were more than the dead but how many of us will truly survive. I wanted to be stronger and save people but I can't even save my own self. I don't want to die. Dark shadow beasts came out of the darkness beyond the hallway. The torches gradually went off. The eyes of the beasts lit up with purple energy and drew nearer.
"M-michael, w-will we die?"
My stuttering voice brought more fear to the eyes of the survivors. The only person capable of handling this monster within the C rank is Michael and he is badly hurt. I wanna save everyone but I can't even move. Is this the fear of death? Is this how weak I am? My head is spinning. I clutched my hair in panic. Suddenly, the monsters split in two.
"See, I knew they would come", Michael said with glimmering hope. I felt a little relieved. A woman with long black hair dyed with a bit of red, short black jacket only reaching her stomach area, yellow T-shirt within, black trousers and a long sword in her hands. As the electrical discharges subsided. The woman looked back at us.
"Yo survivors, It looks like you needed help." The entire crowd let out a sigh of relief.
The woman introduced herself as Melane, an A-rank awakened. I heard from the survivors that she is really popular. She seemed very strong but she only brought us bad news. Turns out, she got stuck here while chasing a villain who also fell into the rift but is missing and we can't leave unless we destroy the core or wait a few days or probably weeks until the rift opens up and monsters from this rift breach the city. Either way is risky since the food items in the store isn't enough for even ten days and fighting the boss monster will probably lead to casualties. But some of us decided to decided to follow Melane into the fight, me and Michael included. Michael drank some healing potions given to him by Miss Melane. I had to follow to get stronger. Yeah maybe I should sit this one out, I mean I can't even kill a monster.
"GO!"
Huh? What was that? I think I heard mom.
No way. she's gone, right? "Deborah Nifera Miko (Nife'mi)! This is your only chance left"
It does sound like mom, but why will she tell me to go. Only chance for what?! I didn't receive any response from the voice. Was it my imagination? or was I hallucinating?!
I don't know what chance this is. Chance to die? Nah.
"I'm going with you Michael", I said as I clinged on to his arm.

"T-thanks, if you need help don't hesitate to uh..ask", he said as he turned his face away with his face all red. Why is his face like that? Is he blushing? Why would he...my cheeks were flushed with embarrassment as I looked at my body pressing towards his arm.
"O-ok", I answered timidly as I quickly pulled away from him.
That was awkward.

Luckily for us, clearing the monsters was quite easy although we did come across some kind of huge humanoid bat a couple of times but overall it's okay. I even killed a c-rank shadow dog, with Michael's help of course.
I'm still proud of my achievement though.
We finally got to the main room, also known as the boss room. I hope it turns out to be easier than expected, but I don't think such could happen. That boss will be at least 'B' or even 'A' rank...

Writer (me): Guys, don't forget to cheer our dear Deborah on. I hope it will be easy.😏

me 2: 🙃 Will it though?! I doubt that.
If you are looking forward to the next episode, please give a vote to boost me faster. I might even post 5 episodes this week. Pretty please. And you can comment while you're at it. Thanks!!

You can also support me on Patreon and get fast pass on future episodes before others. Fast pass for chapter 3 will soon be released. Check it out on Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=118090791