Chapter Three|The darkness within

The huge doors leading to an unknown room stood before us. It had a weird symbol encrypted on it. The loud creaking sound of the opening doors tore in to the dead silence. We all broke into cold sweat, gulping hard in expectation of what's to come. 

Changing scene. There are members of the awakened association and reporters all gathered in front of the rift. The press announced the emergence of an anomaly gate that can't be accessed until the victims die or defeat the boss monster. The audience who watched the news in their homes were convinced that those involved would not survive.
The cries of the families of the unfortunate victims was made public through the camera. One of which was the Lumiere Family (Michael's family).
Dr Vanwick Lumiere tried to find a way to get his son back.
"How can the association let something like this happen. If anything happens to my son, I'll erase you all from the face of the earth".

"Sir! We're doing all we can. There's no way to breach it on time. It may take days to get the master key artifact that can open any dungeon(rift) and the neighboring country 'Asteroth' is the nearest
place with a master key artifact".
A lady in her 40's said while adjusting her glasses. She had long brown hair, dressed in black suit & trousers with red shirt. Her name is Melioth Nazari, a high ranked S awakened officer. She is the rift supervision head under the awakened association of Crescent city.

"I have already sent a team, they should be done soon!". A beeping sound came from her pocket. She took out a small disc and releasing it, it hovered in the air and displayed an ongoing video transmission. This device known as Mana-tech phone, is now a substitute for the electronic phone as it functions on mana and has many more uses depending on type.
"M-madam Nazari, we managed to retrieve it with permission, but mission was disrupted due to influx of gates here.
We may not be able to arrive there in the next few days. Strange rifts phenomenon has caused them to cease the rentage as they are also in need of it as well".
Miss Nazari's face contorted in disappointment as she thought to herself. "Things are looking grim for the victims inside, I don't think they will survive. This rift is actually S-rank, I can feel the power beyond it."

In the rift, the scenes slowly unfolding. A huge undead shadow knight with a large sword sat on a throne smiling like a maniac, or is it just opening it's mouth?! I can't really tell since he doesn't have a skin.

Deborah is seen covered in blood and is barely clinging to life on the floor. The group were in bad shape. Melane barely stood resting on her sword which was stuck to the ground and Michael is basically unconscious right now.
How did this happen?! I thought this was a B-rank anomaly rift.
Why did the voice send me here? Mom wouldn't want me dead! *Laughs nervously*
How am I sure it's even her?!
I remember the serious power gap between the boss monster and us. We were like flies tossed aside. We'll never make it out at this rate.

I'm gonna die huh?....  I closed my eyes and smiled expecting death.
My dream didn't even come true, why is the world doing this to me!

Mom, you know I said I would be so strong that I'll protect you and everyone. I lost you and now I'm about to lose my dream... Will you just stand there and watch?
.......
.....
...
.

.... A spark lit up in the darkness of my consciousness.......

"No dummy! You can't die now. Not until I get what I want"
A wide grin was seen in the darkness. Is this the person I thought was mother? She looks sinister yet I feel like I'm looking at a part of me. A part that makes my heart race with excitement. The darkness within me. A  figure similar to me walked towards me. She looked more grown up and strong, like my dream.
"Do you really wanna die here Deborah or should I say Nifera Miko?!"
I was a bit confused. Is she, me? Or am I her? I still responded;
"I don't use that name anymore"

"Of course! But that name is your history and future. Get up and kill those bastards"
"I can't even kill a c-rank beast alone and you are insisting I kill a S-rank undead beast. Are you crazy right now?!"
Suddenly for some reason, she kicked me up to my feet though the impact made me fall back in pain.
What is wrong with her? Is she some kind of psycho?
"I'm taking over from here. Watch how you're supposed to deal with stuffs like this. Mark my name, I'm 'FIER' ".
She said as she suddenly hugged me and said;
......
"ανταλαγή  (Antalagí)"
......
I felt myself becoming a spectator in my own body. I could see myself but I wasn't in control, my body stood up looking lifeless. What did she say to make me like this?
The boss monster becoming aware of my presence, summoned shadow devils dogs. They all rushed towards my direction, I was terrified.
Melane screamed my name telling me to get out of there but....as my body, no! the body she possessed stood motionless with her face directed to the ground within the debris and the onslaught of the malicious shadow devils, a deep sigh escaped her breath. The girl which stood motionless raised her head with a fierce grin. As the darkness behind her grew, her eyes lit up with purple sparks that showed her new found power.

"All shall pay the price for daring to disturb my Incarnation, hahahaa".
That sinister laugh made me wonder if I was possessed by a demon. I hope not!!

.......To be Continued

Editor: Wow! Crazy "Fier" is finally here. She reminds me of a really stubborn girl I met a while ago.
I hope she takes it easy on the boss monster.
Also the author was having a hard time with his problems so I'm sorry he didn't update the story on time.