Chapter Four|Our little secret

Melane's POV:

"Deborah Stop!" Damn it, I can't move. What kind of girl is this? She was basically useless throughout the fight. Now she's throwing herself in front like a fool.
If only I were as strong as my big sister, this group of innocent people won't die. It's hopeless, I can't even surpass my sister.

"All shall pay the price for daring to disturb my Incarnation".
Those words caught my attention. Her voice was filled with pressure, it was like two beings of great threat spoke at the same time. I could see the Undead Knight's shift in demeanor.

"What kind of power is this?!", I said out loud.
Deborah slightly turned her head and her purple glowing eyes stared back at me. Her hair grew longer and changed to a lighter color. Darkness covered her body but bright golden strange marks appeared all over her. I fell on flat on the ground, the pressure was pushing me down. I don't think that is Deborah or is it her true awakening?! I've met someone who had a true awakening;
(when an awakened person reawakens a high-level power). But this..... this feels different, almost like possession.

Back to main POV:

The shadow devil dogs rushed on to Debbie (Fier) but with a wave of her hand, sharp dark spikes shot out of their shadows; killing them in an instant. The sounds of her sneakers echoed in the surroundings. She walked closer and closer to the boss monster. The Knight raised it's huge sword and swung at her with speed but suddenly stopped with fear. It could recognize the power in her was far greater than it's own. It rushed towards the others at the back.
"It's futile, you pest", she said as she gestures her hand like she is grabbing hold of something. The undead knight halted in it's place. It is revealed that many shadow hands connected to a shadow portal grab hold of the monster. Fier gestured a crushing fist and a swift second, the boss monster was blown into bits leaving it's core essence behind.
A core essence is like the centre of power of a monster and is mostly dropped by boss monsters and rare creatures.
Fier took the core essence and absorbed it an instant,
"This core essence is not even enough".
She then walked up to Melane who had managed to get on her knees and said while using her finger to lift Melane's chin up,
"This is our little secret miss Melane and I'm sure it will stay that way right?".
"Y-yes Ma'am". "Good, but I still don't trust humans, so I'll do this"
An ancient glowing mark was imprinted on Melane's fore head then faded.

"If you spill the secret, you die. So hang on till I revealed myself to the world. Oh and also take care of Deborah for me, she's a real crybaby. Her mom is gonna kill me if anything happens to her, got it?!".
"Yes ma'am, I'll do as you asked", Melane said while trembling.
"I like you better this way, have a good day".
All the effects of possession left Debbie as she fell right into the arms of Melane. As Debbie fell unconscious, she heard Fier's voice saying;
"Don't be careless next time, you can live without me but I can't live without you little princess"

........................
Outside the rift. Hours had pass, it was already morning and the media were deciding on leaving for the day. Suddenly sparks of mana emanated from the rift, everyone knew that either the dungeon is cleared or a dungeon break is about to happen.
The rift closed off and at the bottom of the once opened rift stood survivors of the incident who rushed out with gladness. Melane supported both Michael and Deborah on her shoulders and dragged her body along to the main surface.
She looked up and saw her big sister; "Sister Melioth!"
Miss Melioth Nazari was Melane's sister and an S-rank head of rift supervision of crescent city. Though they don't really have a good relationship.
"Hmm... So you managed to defeat the boss monster".
Miss Melioth could tell that the boss monster was S-rank and that she felt another unfamiliar presence overshadowed the boss monster. It couldn't have been Melane but there was no other person with higher power among the survivors. She decided to investigate later.

The Lumiere Family (Michael's family) rushed over and were glad to see their son alive. Miss Lumiere with silver short hair thanked Melane for bringing him alive though Mr Vanwick Lumiere still felt that she could have done better. Soon the news reporters rushed in asking various questions. Debbie and other injured survivors were put in an ambulance and taken to the nearest hospital to be treated.

In crescent awakened college, classes were on. Jemimah asked Catherine with worry;
"Do you know where Debbie is?! I haven't seen her".
"Oh that, she was caught up in the rift incident last night. Luckily she's in the hospital and I paid for her bills", Cathie replied while opening her books.
"And you didn't call me!!", Jemmy said with a bit of anger.
"She said I shouldn't tell you, she doesn't want you to worry like you are doing right now. I know you care for your girlfriend but you can't skip school 'cos of that".

"G-girlfriend?! I never said she was my girlfriend, okay! I just care for her 'cos she's my friend that's all", Jemmy said while blushing.
"I'm not the only one who thinks so, I practically heard some girls talking about the way you treat her like your girlfriend", Catherine said still with a serious face.
"I also like boys too!", Jemimah said while pouting. Catherine turned to her in surprise,
"Also?! So you admit that you do like girls".

Jemimah buried her face on the desk while blushing,
"Whatever, think however you like I don't really care anymore".

Catherine smiled as she looked at Jemimah and patted her head.
'Cute', Catherine thought to herself.

'She reminds me of my little self, I did have a crush on a girl. Though she was more of a role model to me'.
Meanwhile, Debbie stared at her hand in the hospital room. She felt like her perception had increased. She felt mana all around her. Suddenly a system panel popped up in front of her. The panels were two in number. One announcing her reawakening and the other showing her physical and mana attributes.
"What is this?!"

.......The end.

Author: Finally;
Editor: Finally what?!
Author: you won't understand!