11 - 20

Chapter 11

  The planet beneath our feet is divided into four parts: east, west, north, and south because of the criss-crossing way of the red earth continent and the ring-shaped ocean area that are thousands of meters high.

  At the same time, the existence of these two natural chasms makes communication between sea areas very difficult. It is almost impossible to cross the ocean with civilian equipment and ships.

  As a result, over time, several sea areas not only formed civilizations with their own characteristics, but also evolved completely different ecologies.

  But from another perspective, on a planet with 80% of its ocean area, whoever can ensure the safety of maritime navigation and control the channels to other sea areas is equivalent to controlling the planet in disguise.

  In the past eight hundred years, the world government has used this form to deploy naval bases in various sea areas on the grounds of maintaining security, thereby achieving control of the oceans.

  Countries that are willing to pay heavenly gold as a franchise fee to the World Government can naturally receive naval protection and apply for the use of routes.

  In addition, those poor islands that cannot afford the heavenly gold are reduced to a no-care zone.

  Until twenty years ago.

  The Roger Pirates led by Gol D. Roger successfully conquered the Great Channel, arrived at the terminal island that no one had ever set foot on before - Ravdru, and found the legendary great secret treasure.

  From then on, as the true king who roamed freely on this sea, Roger became the well-deserved Pirate King in the eyes of the world.

  This incident not only broke the absolute authority of the World Government, but also shook people's past obedience to the World Government.

  What he said later on the execution platform rekindled people's longing for adventure and the hope of pursuing their dreams.

  "Do you want my treasure? If you want it, I can give it all to you. Go find it! I put all the treasures there."

  The execution scene, which was originally intended to serve as a warning to others, instantly turned into a carnival.

  Things developed beyond the control of the world government, and countless people chose to rush to the sea under the instigation of these words.

  From then on, the world entered the age of great pirates.

  …

  It's the day.

  After deciding on the name of the pirate group, Mozuki took a piece of black cloth and painted it, and soon she drew a pirate flag.

  The pattern of the pirate flag is very simple and clear, with a black heart in the middle and crossed bones behind it.

  With the pirate flag hoisted, their ship officially set sail for the Great Channel.

  There are two intersections between the Great Waterway and the Red Continent. One of them is Mount Levis, where the seawater from all over the world will converge on the top of the mountain and flow into the Great Waterway. Because the sea water from all over the world flows from bottom to top to the top of the mountain, and when ships enter the waterway and are driven by strong sea currents, they will see a strange scene of going upstream, so it is also called Upside Down Mountain.

  As for the other intersection, it is the land of the Celestial Dragons and the seat of the headquarters of the World Government - the Holy Land Marie Joa.