Confessions

"So, was that Cullen guy giving you any problems today?"  My phone had started ringing when I arrived home from school. Jacob had called for the first time since we had started hanging out together. I sat on the couch, phone held to my ear with my knees against my chest. I was home alone--- My dad was still at work. "No. We cleared that up today." I didn't say any more about it. I couldn't bring myself to lie to Jake, so I just changed the subject instead, "What are you doing today?" I could hear him shifting before he replied, "Not much. I'm just sitting at home bored."

I sat up, dropping my knees from my chest. I couldn't shake the feeling I had when I heard his voice. It made me want him even more. My thoughts began to race, and I spoke before I could think, "Would you like to come over? Maybe hang out for a bit? I'm kind of bored being home alone." There was silence on the other end for a few moments and I started to worry that I may have said something wrong. I was about to speak when Jake's voice rang through the phone, 

"I'll be over there soon. My dad said he would let your dad know so that you wouldn't get in trouble." I laughed and blushed a little, "OK. Tell your dad I said thank you. I'll see you in a bit." I hung up and immediately sent my dad a text, just to be sure that my dad was aware that Jacob would be over; Hey Dad, I invited Jake over for a bit. Don't worry. I don't plan on doing anything reckless or stupid. We are just going to do some homework and maybe watch a movie or something. I love you. See you when you get off work.

I sent the message and ran upstairs to the bathroom. I was extremely nervous--- My heart was thudding insanely fast in my chest. I looked in the mirror and sighed, running my fingers over my braid that had partially come undone. I quickly undid my braid and ran my fingers through the hair to untangle it. I then braided it back into the style it was this morning, a simple side braid. I looked at my reflection for a few moments, studying my face. I decided to put on the smallest amount of makeup, keeping it very natural. 

When I was finished applying a thin coat of mascara, I put away my makeup products and straightened up the bathroom. I then went into my bedroom and quickly made my bed that I had forgotten to make that morning. After making my bed I looked down at my clothes. The plain navy-blue long-sleeved shirt and jeans that I was wearing felt like the wrong choice. I rummaged through my closet, looking for something to wear. After about ten minutes of frantic searching, I settled on a black tank top, a brown flannel and a pair of jean shorts. I got dressed quickly and put everything away back in my closet.

Twenty minutes later I heard the car pull up and raced downstairs, skipping a step and stumbling a little before reaching the door. I was panting softly when I opened the door, feeling slightly winded from my trip down. Jacob had just walked up the steps--- Billy waved out the window of his truck before shifting gears and backing up out of the driveway. "Is he gonna be able to get out of the truck without your help?" I asked suddenly as I waved back at him, watching his truck until it drove out of sight. "My cousin Quil is going to help him when he gets back." Jacob said as he stopped in front of me. His eyes traced my body quickly and I could have sworn I saw him blush a little, "You look beautiful today."

I could feel my face growing hot. I smiled at him, "Thank you." I moved over a bit, making room for him to pass, "Come in." I caught a whiff of his cologne as he walked around me. The smell instantly calmed my mind. He took his jacket off and I couldn't stop myself from watching. His arms were very muscular but were not as big as Emmett's--- Which I was fine with. I didn't really like guys with really big muscles. His shirt got caught on his jacket and lifted a little bit, showing a little bit of his lower stomach. I looked away bashfully and walked over to the couch, slumping down on it. He sat beside me, resting against the couch.