Blood Type

"Y/N." I woke up to Jacob shaking me gently. "Hmm." I shifted and rolled over, "What time is it?" "Seven. Your alarm clock just went off." I sat up and stretched. He looked at me and smiled, "Your hair is so messy, but I love it." He tucked my hair behind my ear. "I don't want to go to school," I complained. He pulled me close to him, "I don't want to go either, but we have to." He nudged his nose against my neck and stayed there, holding me.

"Can't we just stay like this?" I groaned, leaning into him. He laughed, his breath tickling my neck. "As nice as that sounds, Charlie will kill us both if you don't graduate." "Yeah..." I sighed and placed a kiss on top of his head before getting up and walking over towards the window that faced the front yard. I glanced out the window and once I saw that my dad's police cruiser was parked where it usually was, turned my attention to my closet. I parted the clothes and sorted through them until I had a full outfit picked out.

Since it was cloudy, but not raining I chose to wear cuffed jeans, a brown blouse that had two braided strings on the front that you were supposed to tie, and a pair of brown cowboy boots that my mom had bought me my first week of school in Phoenix. I turned to Jake, holding the clothes against my chest, "I have to get dressed now." "I'll get dressed and meet you downstairs in the kitchen." He stood, grabbed his bag, and left my room. I closed my bedroom door and undressed, changing into a clean Y/F/C pair of bra and underwear. They were lacey, but not overly sexy like lingerie. I got dressed and grabbed my backpack, sliding it on.

I decided to bring my jacket in case it did rain. I brushed my hair and teeth in the bathroom and crept downstairs, trying to be quiet in case my dad was asleep. I crossed through the living room and stepped into the kitchen. Jacob sat at the table, putting his shoes on. Across from him sat my dad. He sat with a steaming cup of freshly poured coffee in front of him--- The dark circles under his eyes were fairly new. The atmosphere was calm, which surprised me. Even though I knew that Dad liked Jake, I expected him to be at least shocked by the fact that he had stayed the night.

But there was nothing. "Hey, Dad." "Mornin'." He said, rubbing his hands together. "What time did you get home last night?" "I didn't get home 'till 5 this morning. You two were out cold." I could feel Jacob shift beside me. I blushed, "I'm gonna drive Jacob home before I go to school. Try and get some sleep." I wanted to flee the sudden embarrassment that I felt.

"See you guys later." My dad said. He looked completely drained. "We'll see you later Charlie." Jacob stood and grabbed his backpack. I hurried out the front door but stopped on the front steps as I felt his hand close around mine, "Wait." I turned to face him and smiled, "Sorry. I was trying to outrun any embarrassing conversations that could happen." "That's not why I'm asking you to wait, Y/N." "Oh." I paused, "Then what is it?" My heart started pounding in my chest.

"Are you OK after last night?" He asked, his expression full of concern. I nodded and looked down at my feet. "Please, don't lie to me. You waking up screaming at night doesn't sound like OK to me." I looked up into his eyes and sighed. "They've been happening more than I would like to admit." "Why didn't you tell me?" "I don't know. I guess I thought they would stop eventually. They don't occur every night."

"Well, what are they about?" There it was. The question I dreaded him asking. "Can we talk about this after school? I'm going to be late if I don't drop you off soon." He sighed, "Fine. Just please," He brushed my hair behind my ear and cupped my cheek, "Don't lie to me about something like this. You tell me when something is hurting you." I nodded, "I'm sorry." "Don't apologize. I'm not mad at you." I nodded again. He leaned forward and placed a tender kiss on my lips.

When he pulled away, I took a deep breath. "We better go." He nodded and we got in the truck. The drive to the reservation was quiet. I dropped Jacob off at his house and drove to school. I started to miss him the moment he stepped out of my truck. I arrived at school with only two minutes to spare and booked it for class. The bell rang just as I sat in my seat. I dropped my backpack to the side grabbed out my notebook and pencil and turned my attention to the teacher.