Together/Prom Talk

A/N: So, I played around with the timeline a bit. I know, it's not in traditional Twilight format, but that's the beauty of fanfiction. In this chapter the prom will be mentioned and the idea of Jess, Angela, and your character going dress shopping in Port Angeles. With that being said I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

                                  ___________________________________________________

I woke up and immediately wanted to close my eyes and go back to sleep. It was Monday morning and the pitter-patter of rain droplets on my window told me it was going to be a chilly day at school. I lay in bed, wearing Jacob's shirt and a pair of panties. I sat up and looked at my clock. I was up five minutes early; my alarm being set for seven in the morning. I threw my comforter off and turned to face the window, looking out at the dark clouds and the occasional gust of wind that made the trees dance. 

After a moment of this, I stood, stretched, and made my bed. I then got dressed, deciding on a grey sweatshirt, a pair of blue jeans, and my favorite pair of boots. I held Jake's shirt to my face and inhaled his scent before setting it on the back of my rocking chair. I slid my jacket on right as my alarm went off. I turned off the alarm and stepped out of my room, leaving the door wide open. I went into the bathroom and brushed my hair and my teeth. I held my hair up, making a ponytail, and then lowered it down. Natural hair seemed like the best way to go since it was raining, so I left it down and went back to my room to retrieve my backpack. 

I bolted downstairs and grabbed an apple off the table and a jar of peanut butter from the cupboard. As I was slicing the apple into slices, my dad walked in. He was already dressed in uniform. "Mornin' Y/N/N."

"Morning Dad." I plopped a heaping spoonful of peanut butter in a small bowl and sat at the table with my breakfast. He started brewing a pot of coffee and opened the cupboards. He skimmed over a box of oatmeal as he spoke, "So, how are things going with you and Jacob?" He set the box down and closed the cupboard. He walked over to the fridge and pulled out the carton of eggs, setting them down on the countertop beside the stove.

"Great so far." I dipped a slice into the peanut butter and took a bite. It was a delicious combo. "That's good." He added some cooking oil to the cast iron skillet and turned the stove on high. "Yep. Why do you ask?" 

"Well, I heard from Mike Newton's father that prom was coming up soon." He cracked two eggs into the pan and when the grease started popping dramatically, turned down the heat. I chewed and swallowed, "Prom? When is that supposed to be?" 

He flipped one of the eggs, "Next Friday." He flipped the other. "You think I should go?" "I think it would be good for you to get out and be with your friends for a night. Have fun and be stupid, just not too stupid." Dad sat down the spatula and grabbed a plate, a fork and a coffee cup from the cupboard and drawer beside the stove. He turned his attention to the coffee pot, filling his cup. He grabbed two slices of bread and shoved it into the toaster, pushing down the lever. "Maybe you should invite Jacob." 

I played with my apple slice, dragging it through the mound of peanut butter, "Do you think he would be able to go? I mean he might have a prom at the reservation. I'm not quite sure how that works." I snickered and looked out the window at the rain as it pinged against the window. "I don't know if they do, but..." He scooped his eggs up with the spatula and set them down on his plate and turned off the stove before continuing, "I think he would love to attend prom with you."