2 brothers/sisters

Johnny's POV:
Monday, May 13th
I sit on my bed writing in my diary about today.

Today Ponyboy waved at me in the hallway and remembered my name. He also ignored the dirty looks his friends gave him while doing so.

I hear my parents arguing in the hallways and it isn't long at all before they're yelling and drinking and forgetting about me all together.

Then I remember the little note Dally gave me in math. Meet me at my place-6. Dally's place is an apartment him and his big brother are renting. Dally doesn't have the best family either.

I get on my bike and ride over there to save my time. When I get there dinner is cooked and on the stove. Rice, beans, and chicken all in the same pot.

"Made by yours truly, Derk Winston." His brother bows. The Winston's have this thick New York accent.

"Wow, now I'm super excited." I smile like I am. Cause I kinda am. I love being here with them. I met Derk and Dally when I was eleven. They're the best thing that ever happened to me.

We start talking about our days and the opportunity to bring up Ponyboy arises.

"I think I made a friend out of this country boy?" I tell them.

"You made a friend out of Sodapop?" Dally looks wild.

"One, why'd you say it like that? And two, not Sodapop but Ponyboy, his little brother, I think?" I'm pretty sure that's his brother.

"I didn't mean anything by it, babydoll. Sodapop just isn't the kinda person I can imagine any of us talking to." He explains.

Then Derk joins us, "Darry isn't anymore down to Earth than Sodapop then. Cause he acts like the king of the world and everyone else acted like he was too. Ponyboy might be the only real one."

"Soda seems nice, he's just a pretty boy, with money, so everyone bows down to him." I tell them.

They agree with me and we finish dinner.

"Crashing here, Johnnycakes?" Derk asks me as we wash the dishes.

"Nah, I'm gonna head home. I might go on a walk again." I tell him.

He nods, and then when we're done we get in his car, that him and Dal share.
When we get to my house he kisses my forehead and says, "stay safe, Johnny."

"I'll try." Then I go into my house and to my grace. The shouting has stopped and they both seem asleep.

I shower and then go to the living room to watch TV. Sometimes TV, Derk, and Dally seem like the only things I need in life. And a nice walk outside of course. But sometimes it feels like I could add something else to that.

I yawn, keeping myself balled up, the air conditioning is cranked.
"It's so cold."

Soda's POV:
You know when you feel like you're doing something bad, but it's so good?
That's how I feel making out with my girlfriend in her bed.

She has hickies all up her neck, blushing on my name, "Soda~" she giggles and after a while I yawn.

Only the good Lord knows what time it is.

"You should go." She puts her pretty little hands on me, "my parents love you, but I don't know if they love you enough for you to stay the whole night in my bed."

"You know they love me like that, Babe." I tell her.

"I love you like that, but I don't know about them?" She kisses me again, before I tell her how hard it's gonna be to let her go.

Then after I few more minutes I leave.

But I don't go home. I go to Steve's house, might as well spend the night somewhere.

I get there and he's the one who opens the door. You would think that by Junior year he wouldn't still run to the door like a damn dog, but here we are.

He pulls me into his house, spinning me in circles.

"Everybody, wake up, Soda's here!" He yells it down the hallway to his room.

He little sister opens the bathroom door to threaten him, "Steven, if you want me to throw this goddamn straightener at your head then so be it."

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" He looks at her crazily. She's only fourteen, so doing her hair in the middle of the night is kinda weird. Especially wearing this:

"It's for school in the morning, Jackass

"It's for school in the morning, Jackass. Now go fuck your boyfriend or whatever you do." She closes the door in his face.

"I hate middle school girls with a passion. When Princess was in middle school, she was just as mean." Princess is his big sister she's twenty-one. His little sister is the one we just dealt with, Angelica. Isn't the name fitting?

We go to his room, "oh my gosh, do you know that new song by Kesha. It's called, Tick Tock. She's so fucking hot and my dad bought me the CD for it. Do you wanna hear?" He babbles.

"Sure." I tell him, and what do you know. It was a damn good song.

He yawns then says, "okay I'm tired."

"Me too."

"Soda, I can't think of a time you didn't say that. You're so easy." He tells me.

"I know." Then I hug him, and we cuddle. Don't tell anyone we did that though.

I run my hands through his hair watching him fall asleep.

And then when I'm completely sure he can't hear me, I tell him something,
"you're so damn, beautiful."